The Student Room Group

Jeremy Clarksons road safety message for the stupidest drivers

I apologise if your IQ is measured in 3 numbers, you most probably clicked a false link to Harrods or a very reputable Uni...............well.....F.O. This thread is for the stupid. For all the dullards that passed their driving tests.

[video="youtube;QpP7gMPzC78"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpP7gMPzC78[/video]

Lets see how far the train traveled through the car before the car started to actually move with the trains momentum: (click on it for proper size, im a bit crap with image processing)

trainsafety.jpg

But like the orangutan said, if your gonna drive like a pillock, always wear protective clothing because you never know when the next time you step out of your car, you will be attacked by a polar bear. The wearing or not of a hi-vis vest might save your life. Always dress like a cock!
I remember that. It was very informative. Although I think most people know not to mess with trains. They can do some serious damage, as seen here!
Newer cars would hold up a bit better than the Renault here though. It's not one of the strongest cars in the world. What you need is a Volvo, they're friggin strong.
But yeah always wear safety clothing when driving. It will defo save your life when stuck on a train crossing.
I passed my test and live near a train crossing. I nearly got trapped when walked on once because I wasn't wearing any safety clothing. Didn't think of it at the time tbh.

I love how he says "THATS TOAST" when the train hits the car. Gotta love Jezza!
You guys are being sarcastic right? With the vest thing?
Original post by champ_mc99
You guys are being sarcastic right? With the vest thing?

Yeah. Those vests do **** all!
A thread for those who don't use apostrophes.
Original post by FireFreezer77
Yeah. Those vests do **** all!

Thank God. Your post just looked like you were serious lol
Original post by champ_mc99
Thank God. Your post just looked like you were serious lol

Part of it was serious tbh (the Volvo bit) but the vest thing was a joke.
Reply 7
Never found this buffoon funny to be honest. It makes me dizzy that somehow so many apparently intelligent and 'middle class' Britons enjoy Top Gear with all its staged nonsense and drivelling on about cars. I actually can't even pretend to tolerate it.

EDIT: And that wretched new host, Chris Evans?

Shoot me.
(edited 8 years ago)
The train doesn't always come off best...

This nuclear flask was painted fluorescent yellow (because they don't make safety jackets that big)

the results speak for themselves, the message is clear.

----
Clarkson's still a nob for taking the mick out of hard hats though - see the amount of railway ballast that renault kicks out while it's slowing down
Reply 9
I lol'd. Haven't seen that clip for a while. Clarkson is better when he sticks to sarcasm and isn't unnecessarily shouty.

If you don't find him funny, at least look through the comments on that video and see how many people think it was meant to be serious.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending