The Student Room Group

Lost luggage while travelling on Megabus

Hi guys, I’m hoping you lovely people may be able to help me! I was travelling on the Megabus last night from London to Cardiff via Bristol. But when I arrived in Cardiff, my suitcase wasn’t in the luggage compartment. I think it may have got lost in Bristol as we had to switch coaches and it was a busy stop. Megabus have sent a generic email asking me to complete a lost property form which I did last night ! I’m really upset as I was coming home for Christmas and it contains personal belongings only valuable to me. Any advice please on finding my bag?
I mean there's really not much to advise other than to see what they say now that you've submitted the form.
Reply 2
Thanks, who knows how long that will take though… I’m trying to get the contact number for the Megabus Bristol depot as they may be able to help me.

Original post by artful_lounger
I mean there's really not much to advise other than to see what they say now that you've submitted the form.
Reply 3
Original post by Raheema5
Hi guys, I’m hoping you lovely people may be able to help me! I was travelling on the Megabus last night from London to Cardiff via Bristol. But when I arrived in Cardiff, my suitcase wasn’t in the luggage compartment. I think it may have got lost in Bristol as we had to switch coaches and it was a busy stop. Megabus have sent a generic email asking me to complete a lost property form which I did last night ! I’m really upset as I was coming home for Christmas and it contains personal belongings only valuable to me. Any advice please on finding my bag?

Hello Raheema. Did you ever got your bag back?
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Vivake
Hello Raheema. Did you ever got your bag back?
Hello Vivake,Thanks for your message. No, I never received my case back ☹️ I had to get the police involved in order to obtain CCTV as Megabus were not willing to release it to me. The police were great and sympathetic. They viewed the CCTV and informed me that it showed the coach driver take my case off the coach at Bristol (as we were switching coaches), but LEFT my case on the road and failed to put it on the new coach. Absolutely unbelievable. It would’ve been taken but unfortunately not by an honest person as it wasn’t handed in despite my name and contact details on the case. It’s been a year on and I’m still very upset about it and will never use Megabus again.
Reply 5
Original post by Raheemaj5
Hello Vivake,Thanks for your message. No, I never received my case back ☹️ I had to get the police involved in order to obtain CCTV as Megabus were not willing to release it to me. The police were great and sympathetic. They viewed the CCTV and informed me that it showed the coach driver take my case off the coach at Bristol (as we were switching coaches), but LEFT my case on the road and failed to put it on the new coach. Absolutely unbelievable. It would’ve been taken but unfortunately not by an honest person as it wasn’t handed in despite my name and contact details on the case. It’s been a year on and I’m still very upset about it and will never use Megabus again.

Thank you for your response. It’s absolutely ridiculous. I used Megabus today and when I got off at Cardiff one of my three bags were missing. The staff at Megabus are an absolute waste. No words…
Reply 6
Original post by Raheemaj5

Hello Raheema. Were you able to make a claim?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending