The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Why were you absent?
Reply 2
helloslag
I was absent from an AQA examination last week and have another on Wedsnesday, I am just writing to see whether anyone knows how the awards/special consideration works, and if the exam on Wednesday will affect the award
Thanks for any help
helloslag

Get teacher to fill in special form, you require doc note. It is then for AQA to assess.
Reply 3
TS2Master
Why were you absent?

Good point; absent because you couldn't be arsed doesn't mean you're entitled to this.
Reply 4
i've already got a doctors note i just wondered whther anybody knew how the award thing worked as they said they'd put my original grades together but i'm nt sure if it also includes the one on wednesday to make that award up hope nt would mk things easier cheers.
Reply 5
i suffer from migranes which i got in one of my exams, i get them quite alot but especially when i'm stressed. i get flashing in my eyes am sick if it's bad and get the fucking worst headache, anyone who get's them would know how distressing anf bloody unpredictable they can be!
Reply 6
the teacher needs to probably ring up AQA, in advance probably for the one on wed, let them know the basics of the situation i.e. that you weren't able to take the exam for medical reasons.

you then need to apply (your school should do this for you) an IGRATAK cert. - it sounds something like that anyway.

normally they should give you your full A-Level based on what you have already done providing you have taken 2 AS written exams and 1 A2 written exam (i.e. orals certainly dont count). it does depend on your subject.

it's a bit more formal than if you were taking the exam whilst ill/broken arm/medicated etc. then the school can simply write with a doctors note which should be satisfactory. if you're absent you need more than that.

GET YOUR SCHOOL TO RING AQA ASAP
Reply 7
cheers jessie i won't be stressing as much if this is the case as i've already taken 2 as's and 1 a2 so if these are the grades they take into consideration then i think i'll be ok. I was just worried coz i got a migrane yesterday and if i got one in my exam as it would drag the award thingy down aswell as the actual test taken that day. So your prettyt sure that's what would happen?
Reply 8
One of my friends for AQA wasnt able to sit either of her two a2 english papers because she was hospitalised and needed an operation. Because she'd done the coursework that counted. The board is giving her her grade on the basis of what shes already done and Im sure they take into account the predicted grades that teachers have to send up.

I hope, if you took the exam, it all went well
helloslag
i've already got a doctors note i just wondered whther anybody knew how the award thing worked as they said they'd put my original grades together but i'm nt sure if it also includes the one on wednesday to make that award up hope nt would mk things easier cheers.

Well for people in my school who wanted this, my exams officer had to fill out some special form and then it was sent off to AQA.
Jessie
One of my friends for AQA wasnt able to sit either of her two a2 english papers because she was hospitalised and needed an operation. Because she'd done the coursework that counted. The board is giving her her grade on the basis of what shes already done and Im sure they take into account the predicted grades that teachers have to send up.

I hope, if you took the exam, it all went well

when i couldnt take my gcse exams AQA gave me results based on my mocks and coursework but only for subjects with coursework though...

they tend to be ok with special consideration and stuff
Reply 11
thanks very much for reassuring me hope all ur exams went well

love from helloslag!

Latest

Trending

Trending