The Student Room Group

Can we study one year of A-levels in a different country?

Is it possible to do one year of A-levels (year 12 in this case) in the UK, and the second year in a different country, such as Bangladesh? My GCSE exams are next month. Its a whole new story of why its 'Bangladesh', but is this possible? Considering EVERYTHING is different.. like the coursework should be different too right? I totally am not agreeing to this, and everyone I asked is against this too, EXCEPT FOR MY MOM, who is being too arrogant and thinks it is possible. She says that the school I would go to follows the british-curriculum and also does edexcel and bla bla... but still how is it possible that everything is gonna be the same? Just imagine yourself in Bangladesh, they don't do mice and men and inspector calls things wtf!! The coursework is gonna be different I suppose? How do I make my arrogant mom stop thinking weirdly? She will waste my education time if she makes me do the years in different countries!! Help anyone?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
For A-levels you have to stay in the UK. To do the full A-level course its often difficult to even change Sixth Form, let alone Country. At Uni, some uni's will allow you a year abroad within your course but not A-levels. Sorry! But i hope this helps! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest