The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yes, that question was fine if you learnt y=f(x) graphs and translations, what was the problem?
Reply 21
man_utd_99
the graph question where you wer given a graph y= f (x) and it asked you to draw the graphs........

unless my paper was totally rong and mixed in sure that was in the higher wasnt it?

the graph question where you wer given a graph y= f (x) and it asked you to draw the graphs........

Yeah that was on mine. I think i did the first one right (just move everything up 2 points) but on the other two i put exactly the same for both ad i could figure it out, and i thought if i put one thing for one and another thing for the other id have probably gotton them both wrong. Since i put the same for both im counting on one of them being right (Since the equations were pretty similar, one was f(2x) and the other 2f(x) or something.)
Reply 22
oh i remember the y=f(x) one.
But i found it really easy because my genius of a friend had explained it a couple of minutes before :]

And i do agree with Mark E. The boards check their papers religously, they would have made sure they were understandable and to the correct format.
My mock was a lot harder. But then again, the school had just taken questions from random papers. and they picked all the hard ones.
Reply 23
hey ive gotta go u people keep chattin ive gotta do sum prep for ma wjec english language exam 2moro catch up with yall later!!

cheers for the replies btw

much appreciated
Reply 24
Mark_E
Yeah that was on mine. I think i did the first one right (just move everything up 2 points) but on the other two i put exactly the same for both ad i could figure it out, and i thought if i put one thing for one and another thing for the other id have probably gotton them both wrong. Since i put the same for both im counting on one of them being right (Since the equations were pretty similar, one was f(2x) and the other 2f(x) or something.)

for the first one, i got the same as you.
For the second, it sorta got stretched 2 up and 2 down if that makes any sense at all :s-smilie:
and the third, it got squished into half the size of the original.
i think that the paper was alright really, but i didn't do too well because i just can't do maths under pressure :frown:. i've been getting 88% consistantly (weird i know lol) in all the practice papers i've done but i don't think i'll get any more than 70% in this paper.

and the paper was really weird. i don't know why but it just felt really different to all the previous papers for some reason and the question format was different as well. i do hope they take this into acount :s-smilie:
Reply 26
I kinda made mine more... chubby i guess lol. But i figured since the graph went to -3 it must have used it on one of the graphs so i just took a guess.
yeah, for the graphs i think i got one of them right lol

oh, and i kept getting distracted all the way throught the exam because i'd been listening to my ipod on my way to school so all i could think about was german music :biggrin:. it realy doesn't help when you are trying to concentrate on remembering how to do functions and the only thing in your head is:

Achtnug, fertig, los und lauf,
vor uns bricht der Himmel auf.
:thrasher:

Latest