The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
imasillynarb
What about the Elements of the period 3 Oxides?

I got: Na, P, Si

Anyone else?

damn......i'm not even crap at chem, but i totally messed up unit5, cos i only had last nite 2 revise.......and i knew it was either Na or Mg, but decided to put Mg......what an idiot. i got P right tho......got Si wrong, chose Al. lol cos i kept thinking how could SiO2 b a crystal
Reply 41
For the Acidity of Fe3+ question:

When it was FeCl3 and you dissolve it, the Fe3+ ion accepts the lone pairs off the water molecules that become ligands, so it is in that case an Electron Pair Acceptor, a Lewis Acid.

When it is [Fe(H2O)6]3+, since it is a very highly charged metal it drags electron density away from an oxygen atom, which in turn drag it away from the hydrogens connected to it, and then a water can remove one of the hydrogens, forming the H3O+ cation.
So in that case it acts as a Proton Donor, which is a Bronsted-Lowry Acid.
Reply 42
wonkey
damn......i'm not even crap at chem, but i totally messed up unit5, cos i only had last nite 2 revise.......and i knew it was either Na or Mg, but decided to put Mg......what an idiot. i got P right tho......got Si wrong, chose Al. lol cos i kept thinking how could SiO2 b a crystal

Im crap at chem and only had last night to revise, whats your point? :rolleyes:
Reply 43
imasillynarb
Im crap at chem and only had last night to revise, whats your point? :rolleyes:

well did u do badly?
Reply 44
Oh yeh, when you had to write the Kp expression, did everyone just put

kp = (pZ)(pW)/(pY)(pX)

Or whatever it was?
Reply 45
it had to be to the power of the number of moles of each substance
Reply 46
wonkey
well did u do badly?

very
Reply 47
Sapphira
it had to be to the power of the number of moles of each substance

I dont think it does, the Kp is TO DO WITH partial pressure, which is the mole fraction x total pressure. Therefore number of moles comes into the mole fraction...which is represented by the partial pressure, which is just (pX) or whatever it was?
Reply 48
nope, its def to the power...just looked in text book
Reply 49
imasillynarb
I dont think it does, the Kp is TO DO WITH partial pressure, which is the mole fraction x total pressure. Therefore number of moles comes into the mole fraction...which is represented by the partial pressure, which is just (pX) or whatever it was?

but apart from pp you still have to raise them to the power of the moles
Reply 50
zazy
but apart from pp you still have to raise them to the power of the moles

Oh well..
Reply 51
And increasing the temperature had both the effects they wanted, right?
Reply 52
Zaphod
And increasing the temperature had both the effects they wanted, right?

yep
Reply 53
i can't remember......but what r the boundaries like in raw marks?? is 75/120 an A??
Reply 54
wonkey
i can't remember......but what r the boundaries like in raw marks?? is 75/120 an A??

About that. The last two have been 87 and 68.
Reply 55
Zaphod

and how do u think 2days paper compared to the level of difficulty of those two? cos 87 is really high......i hope todays was lower!
Reply 56
thought 2days was very hard 75ish for an A im thinkin
Zaphod

how do you actually work out these boundaries??
Reply 58
look at examiners reports on the aqa website for past years
Reply 59
wonkey
and how do u think 2days paper compared to the level of difficulty of those two? cos 87 is really high......i hope todays was lower!

January's seemed quite easy in comparison to today's. So less than 87 but slightly above 68. About 75?

Latest

Trending

Trending