The Student Room Group

How to deal with loneliness at Uni?

Hey,

I started Uni in September, and while I've had the occasional bout of homesickness it hadn't been something that was too intense. However my Nan (who I was close too) recently passed away, and last weekend I went home for the funeral. Now, since I've been back at Uni I've felt very lonely. I feel like I just want to grieve with my family, but I can't, as I have exams to revise for. I can't concentrate as well I could previously, and to make it worse one of my closest friends at Uni has recently dropped out. My lectures have finished so I don't see my course mates as often as I used too, and most of my other Uni friends are busy revising. I see them a few times a week, but the rest of the time I'm just stuck in my flat revising and I feel very lonely (my flatmates are quite unsociable so I'm not that close to them).

At the moment I just want to be at home with my family, but instead I have exams to revise for and I'm just feeling very lonely. How do I deal with this?
Have you made an effort to reach out to people?
Original post by jemmaa01
Hey,

I started Uni in September, and while I've had the occasional bout of homesickness it hadn't been something that was too intense. However my Nan (who I was close too) recently passed away, and last weekend I went home for the funeral. Now, since I've been back at Uni I've felt very lonely. I feel like I just want to grieve with my family, but I can't, as I have exams to revise for. I can't concentrate as well I could previously, and to make it worse one of my closest friends at Uni has recently dropped out. My lectures have finished so I don't see my course mates as often as I used too, and most of my other Uni friends are busy revising. I see them a few times a week, but the rest of the time I'm just stuck in my flat revising and I feel very lonely (my flatmates are quite unsociable so I'm not that close to them).

At the moment I just want to be at home with my family, but instead I have exams to revise for and I'm just feeling very lonely. How do I deal with this?

My apologies for your loss.
I cant say Im in the exact same spot, but I feel the same lonliness as you.

The way I am coping with it is to just try and do something else (I know its hard to do).
Perhaps play a game for 30 minutes to an hour?

Sorry my advice may not be the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending