The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Maths equivalency test

Hi, I am sitting the maths equivalency test soon and I was wondering whether anyone could answer some questions... How did you find it? What sort of topics came up? Did you get your results straight after?
Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi, I did my interview and was offered a place on condition I do their entry exam equivalent to GCSEs English and Maths. Is that what you're going to do? If yes we're in the same boat I have failed to find anyone who has done it. But if you do, please share I will do the same. In the mean time I'm revising my GCSEs maths.

Kind regards
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi
Have you had any luck ? I have my tests tomorrow 😬
Reply 3
Original post by Mkasap
Hi

Hi, I haven't heard anything yet. Please let me know how you get on and good luck.

All the best
Hi, same here! Sitting maths in 4 weeks- petrified as I have a conditional offer based on passing the maths. I want and need the place so bad.
Most unis seem to offer example papers. Can't find anything on CCU. Just says GCSE higher level-I'm revising but I know I'm not at that level yet-it's my weakness.
Good luck with your test-I know you can't really discuss it on here but I'd love to know how you found it.
Reply 5
OMG! I thought it was just maths GCSE foundation? I have to do both English and Math. My advice is to try the past papers maybe that will help.

Kind regards.
Good luck, I shall do.
I wonder how the person sitting it today got on?! X
Original post by Mkasap
Hi

Hi!
How did you find it?
Reply 8
Original post by Mkasap
Hi

Hi, how did you get on with your test today?

Kind regards
Reply 9
Hello
It wasn't so bad but I have to say go over your fractions, decimals, radius, area, ratio, Best Buy, algebra,lcm,prime numbers, prime factors so on! I have found the part with calculator more difficult! I don't know how much I can explain but if you brush up these topics you have no problem with your maths test.
Good luck in advance and I hope I have passed 😀
If you need more info I'm more than happy to help.
Are you September intake?
M
Reply 10
Original post by Mkasap
Hello
It wasn't so bad but I have to say go over your fractions, decimals, radius, area, ratio, Best Buy, algebra,lcm,prime numbers, prime factors so on! I have found the part with calculator more difficult! I don't know how much I can explain but if you brush up these topics you have no problem with your maths test.
Good luck in advance and I hope I have passed 😀
If you need more info I'm more than happy to help.
Are you September intake?
M

Hi, that's great hope you pass. Yeah September intake if I pass. Are you doing English too? Thanx for this.

Kind regards
Reply 11
Hiya
I've done English as well, you need to compare some articles and answer some questions from txt and need to write one short article and one longer story but it's personal, not sure if you would have the same test paper.
I hope it'll help
Reply 12
Original post by Mkasap
Hiya
I've done English as well, you need to compare some articles and answer some questions from txt and need to write one short article and one longer story but it's personal, not sure if you would have the same test paper.
I hope it'll help

Hi, how long are these test? Do you do them on the same day? For the maths are you allowed to use the calculator? I'm getting nervous now. It was bad enough for the interview. Hope I manage to hold my nerves.

Thank you !!!
Reply 13
Hi
All the details are on http://www.canterbury.ac.uk/admissions/gcse-equivalency-tests/gcse-equivalency-tests.aspx
Two hours for each test, calculator allowed one part of the maths test, I had my both test on the same day.
Which course have you applied for?
I will be September intake if I get through the maths. Crikey the test sounds really tough, I have four weeks to learn so much! Thank you for the feedback
Good luck with your results. 😃
... On the CCU info about the tests it says intermediate to higher level GCSE equivalent, do you think it's that high? I'm doing a level 2 maths course as I had to go right back to basics and I have every maths book and online resource going, I'm goin through exam papers too but there's no way I'm up to higher level.
Reply 16
It's basics, if you look into the topics that I said earlier you'll be fine.
Thanks so much.
Let us all know how you get on. 😃
Reply 18
Hi guys,
I have passed maths but failed English ☹️ Any luck with your tests?
Has anyone took the English that could help?
Hello
So sorry. I have my maths test next Saturday, dreading it- it doesn't matter how much I try it just doesn't sink in. Does that mean you need to get the GCSE English?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending