The Student Room Group

Equivalency Testing

Hi, I am due to sit my maths equivalency test in order for me to start my PGCE in September.
I am going to do foundation paper with an online exam and independent home study.
Just wanting some advice on what to expect from the exam, how long results take etc.

Thankyou!
Original post by EllieRigby25
Hi, I am due to sit my maths equivalency test in order for me to start my PGCE in September.
I am going to do foundation paper with an online exam and independent home study.
Just wanting some advice on what to expect from the exam, how long results take etc.

Thankyou!

Hi Ellie

I'll be doing my exam tomorrow just wondered how you got on?
Reply 2
Following!

Thankyou!

Which company did you go with and how did you find it?
Reply 4
Original post by terrihughes2017
Hi Ellie

I'll be doing my exam tomorrow just wondered how you got on?

Hi guys, Ive got my maths exam coming up any advice would be really very much appreciated xx
Reply 5

Thankyou!

Hi Ellie,
How did you get on with your. maths? Ive got mine soon and I need it desperately to get onto my TT course. Im so worried about it any help would be so appreciated xx
Reply 6

Thankyou!

Hi Ellie, How did it go? Got mine coming up this month x
Reply 7
Hello.
I just had a maths equivalency exam today and I want to state that it is pretty straightforward.
The questions are such that you would find in an actual past papers as I saw most of the same questions when I was revising in past papers in the actual exam.
However, the questions are less and the first paper is easy, whereas the other paper is hard.
At the start they tell you the normal exam rules . The only difference is that you would have to write down your working out and answers in a lined paper where you have to scan it at the end of the exam.
I just hope that I pass
Reply 8
Original post by Nailaaaaa
Hello.
I just had a maths equivalency exam today and I want to state that it is pretty straightforward.
The questions are such that you would find in an actual past papers as I saw most of the same questions when I was revising in past papers in the actual exam.
However, the questions are less and the first paper is easy, whereas the other paper is hard.
At the start they tell you the normal exam rules . The only difference is that you would have to write down your working out and answers in a lined paper where you have to scan it at the end of the exam.
I just hope that I pass

Hi,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. So its 2 papers! Will I need a calculator for the second? So how do you scan your sheet in? Is it while you are online with them? All sounds obit confusing sorry so many questions. Fingers crossed for you xx
Reply 9
Original post by lanlois
Hi,
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. So its 2 papers! Will I need a calculator for the second? So how do you scan your sheet in? Is it while you are online with them? All sounds obit confusing sorry so many questions. Fingers crossed for you xx

Don’t worry, it’s not that confusing.
Yes so it’s like a normal gcse test but you would have to do the non calculator paper first and the calculator paper the second.
It’s an hour each for them. Yes you would need a scientific calculator for the second bit of the exam.
When you complete the first paper, then they tell you to scan the papers from your smartphone.
You just scan a QR code and then you start taking the pictures and submitting them. And then they will be sent for marking.
Don’t worry, the person that’s invigilating the exam will help if there are anything you’re unsure with. Just ask them, that’s what I did.
Best of luck xx
Reply 10
Don’t worry, it’s not that confusing.
Yes so it’s like a normal gcse test but you would have to do the non calculator paper first and the calculator paper the second.
It’s an hour each for them. Yes you would need a scientific calculator for the second bit of the exam.
When you complete the first paper, then they tell you to scan the papers from your smartphone.
You just scan a QR code and then you start taking the pictures and submitting them. And then they will be sent for marking.
Don’t worry, the person that’s invigilating the exam will help if there are anything you’re unsure with. Just ask them, that’s what I did.
Best of luck xx

Ahh thank you so much, I am getting anxious as its getting close and I want to be prepared. What papers would you recommend revising EDEXEL or AQA, any recent papers you can recommend? Im sure you've done amazing , please let me know how it goes xx
Reply 11
It really depends to be honest. Because I did my equivalency test with a star equivalency, I used edexcel papers. They were very useful.
Yes sure 🙂
Reply 12
It really depends to be honest. Because I did my equivalency test with a star equivalency, I used edexcel papers. They were very useful.
Yes sure 🙂

Thanks. Did you revise paper 1 and calculater paper? Just trying to work out what the tricky questions might be lol. Would you be able to share with me the content of what to expect? Fingers crossed xx

Quick Reply

Latest