The Student Room Group

Access to Medicine Diploma

Hello !
I am an international student holding a non-sufficient high school leaving certificate for competitive application to Medicine , so I will study an Access to Medicine Diploma.
Are English and Maths obligatory at the GCSE level for admission ?
Do I have to sit for a GCSE Maths test , as I will compensate IELTS for GCSE English.
Is the Math exam tested by the Access to Medicine Diploma Further Education College enough to count for GCSE Maths as a pre-requisite to be admitted to the Diploma ?
If not , what are all the Maths exams' options that can count for GCSE Maths ?
I have never needed GCSE for Access. At a minimum they will want a C or level 2 literacy in English. However, some colleges will be insistent on having maths. Secondly, these requirements will probably be varied depending on the Access course you want to study in, so for medicine these requirements will likely in my opinion require maths.
Reply 2
Original post by random_matt
I have never needed GCSE for Access. At a minimum they will want a C or level 2 literacy in English. However, some colleges will be insistent on having maths. Secondly, these requirements will probably be varied depending on the Access course you want to study in, so for medicine these requirements will likely in my opinion require maths.

Thanks for your reply Matt !
Do you know any alternatives to GCSE Maths ?
Core Maths is equivalent to A-Level which is harder.
Cheers !
Original post by Saif-Al-Deen
Thanks for your reply Matt !
Do you know any alternatives to GCSE Maths ?
Core Maths is equivalent to A-Level which is harder.
Cheers !

You can potentially get away with adult numeracy level 2.
Reply 4
Original post by random_matt
You can potentially get away with adult numeracy level 2.

Thanks for your reply !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending