The Student Room Group

Equivalency Testing

I am supposed to be taking my equivalency testing maths exam this morning and have paid my deposit but have not heard back - has anyone got a contact number for them? It's equivalencytesting.com
*01277 203336‬
Good luck
Reply 2
Thanks - unfortunately that just goes to a busy tone I have been trying all morning! Do not recommend this company at all!
That are really bad on answering
And even when they answer, they are not helpful at all
Any luck?
Reply 5
Original post by hagicannan
Any luck?

No I haven’t managed to get through so went with A Star Equivalency instead who pick up the phone. Not sure how I am going to get back my £30 deposit with equivalencytesting.com - DO NOT USE THEM!
Yes, they are really bad
Good luck with A Star
Equivalencytesting.com are such a un-reliable company. They very rarely answer emails or the telephone- and when you do get through to them they are very rude. I took my maths test with them over two weeks ago and have still not received my results!! I would advise not to use them if you can.
Reply 8
Original post by LottieR19
Equivalencytesting.com are such a un-reliable company. They very rarely answer emails or the telephone- and when you do get through to them they are very rude. I took my maths test with them over two weeks ago and have still not received my results!! I would advise not to use them if you can.

I've had a right carry on with them on behalf of my wife, she took the test a month ago got the results on the 15th working day only after I called them to ask, the woman who answers the phone is less helpful than a chocolate teapot. Was told an email had been sent which it hadn't as we had no record, then an email confirming the result sent to the university saying the certificate was in the post, another email saying it'd be next week and then another saying it was sent on a Wednesday but still nothing 2 days later. It wasn't until I kicked off with them on the phone that I finally got a resolution and now expecting it tomorrow, wouldn't be surprised if I got a picture of the owner sticking his middle finger up at me.....

The whole thing is an absolute joke but her hands were tied as the university would only accept them. If you get nothing you can hold them for breach of contract and give them 14 days in a formal letter if you get nothing you may look down at issuing a court summons for goods and services not received. (yes this is how far we were going to take it!)
I did my test on 18th August,still haven't received my result.I would like to know if anyone else has taken the test close to that date,yet to receive result.
Original post by JS9988
I've had a right carry on with them on behalf of my wife, she took the test a month ago got the results on the 15th working day only after I called them to ask, the woman who answers the phone is less helpful than a chocolate teapot. Was told an email had been sent which it hadn't as we had no record, then an email confirming the result sent to the university saying the certificate was in the post, another email saying it'd be next week and then another saying it was sent on a Wednesday but still nothing 2 days later. It wasn't until I kicked off with them on the phone that I finally got a resolution and now expecting it tomorrow, wouldn't be surprised if I got a picture of the owner sticking his middle finger up at me.....

The whole thing is an absolute joke but her hands were tied as the university would only accept them. If you get nothing you can hold them for breach of contract and give them 14 days in a formal letter if you get nothing you may look down at issuing a court summons for goods and services not received. (yes this is how far we were going to take it!)

Oh my gosh, I can’t believe you had to take it so far!! Mine is now 16 working days from when I took my test (took it on the 25th August) and I have still not heard a thing! I just want to know my result! When I last phoned to ask the women made me feel stupid for asking and said they had been busy due to Covid! That is not an acceptable response. I have paid for a service and not received it. She said I would revive an email and then feedback in the post. I have had nothing.
Original post by nikimenon
I did my test on 18th August,still haven't received my result.I would like to know if anyone else has taken the test close to that date,yet to receive result.

I took mine on the 25th of August and still not had my results. Have you received your yet?
Original post by JS9988

I am also tied to using this company as it’s the only one the university will accept 😢
I am really worried now,I did my Maths too with them on 4th September. and need to book Biology this month. My provider doesn't approve other testing.So I am in real trouble. I would have been relieved if they could respond to email saying it will reach by a particular date or some sort of confirmation. Still they are responding to new people saying results will come by post after 14 working days! They should update the website,its the question of many people's teaching career.
They results never come on 14 working days, for me iit was more that 5 weeks, they never answer their email, and the women in the phone is so rude and useless
I will never recommend them
Reply 15
Thanks to all the comments. Website is not clear mentioned about 30pounds deposit. So, I sent an e-mail because phone number is not provided on the site. Anyway, found the phone 01277 203336‬. This and nothing is the same. Recording telling basically they are having a lot of calls. Perhaps there is another phone number!! send an e-mail will get back to you!!! Already did that. So, I think better will be to find another provider.
Reply 16
Anybody knows any other provider to take equivalency tests (English and Maths)?
Thanks
:smile:
Reply 17
Original post by nikimenon
I am really worried now,I did my Maths too with them on 4th September. and need to book Biology this month. My provider doesn't approve other testing.So I am in real trouble. I would have been relieved if they could respond to email saying it will reach by a particular date or some sort of confirmation. Still they are responding to new people saying results will come by post after 14 working days! They should update the website,its the question of many people's teaching career.

Hi, sorry if this is weird I just had some questions and was wondering if you or anyone else who has taken their test would be able to help me. I’m planning on taking their biology test and was first wondering what you did to prepare and how long it took you to prepare for it? I was also wondering what the online test is like, I’m worried that if I look anywhere in the room for any reason they cancel the test but I’m not sure what it’s like? Last thing is what are the questions like? Are they similar to normal GCSE questions or are they different?
Reply 18
(Original post by SdeLima)I am supposed to be taking my equivalency testing maths exam this morning and have paid my deposit but have not heard back - has anyone got a contact number for them? It's equivalencytesting.com

I wish I coul have seen this message before. I lost 140 pounds. I received an email asking to send a photo a did not check my email and I should have sent the email witj the ID onde day ago. The should tell us at least one week before the exam and never one day before to send documents. The test is today. No answer at all via email or phone. They LOVE EASY MONEY.
(edited 7 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending