The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ukebert, is the question posed at nations or representatives?
Reply 2
China can't be doing with Environment Day. We feel it is a distraction that will only slow us down in our efforts to sort things out.
Reply 3
(ooc) china can't be doing with the environment, and will do its utmost to erase this troublesome botherance (OOC)
Reply 4
China asks he who is blameless to cast the first stone ^o)
Reply 5
Representatives. :smile:
Reply 6
ukebert

:wtf?: ???
Reply 7
Thanks ukebert - thought I may as well write down answers as it makes it more firm.

Turning off all out of use appliances and buying more energy efficient ones, as well as replacing all light bulbs in the house (and my sister's house) with energy efficient ones

Recycle more

My local authority's provision of recycling facilities, esp. for plastics is v.shoddy.
Reply 8
Oh... :idea:
Reply 9
Meh..in future can we always specify when threads are OOC? Otherwise people will reply IC by default :hmpf:
Reply 10
:redface: Sorry :smile:
Reply 11
ukebert

But I´m a mindless tool of the country I represent, I have no will of my own:frown:
Reply 12
shame :frown:
Reply 13
I know :sadnod:
I suggest buying Tesco's Bag for Life for just 10p. Once it gets scruffy, they'll provide you with a BRAND NEW one for FREE. What's more, you will be saving the world by doing this simply by getting given the bag for free rather than having to pay for it, which you wouldn't do if you just used their normal plastic bags anyway.
One day..when I actually have my own home..don't live in other peoples' where I don't decide what goes where :hmpf: I will recycle. At the moment I (unlike my entire office) switch off my computer every day after work and I always turn off lights round the house and things :dontknow: (I make so much effort, don't I :rolleyes:) and I usually stuff things I buy into my rucksack :ninja:
Reply 16
What's the number one thing you are doing to help tackle climate change?

Recycling, Low energy light bulbs, turning off lights, not using central heating too much (actually if it's left on to long it starts wailing, so that's not all altruistic).We also turn off all non-essential circuits when going on holiday, and offset flights, and use bags for life, string bags, baskets, and pockets: even these rather useful things called hands...

What one extra thing could you do to help tackle climate change?

Solar Panels, and wind turbine i suppose :rolleyes: wood-burning stove, etc. etc., although turning off appliances rather than leaving on standby would help.

What's stopping you?

Cost with regards the energy options, and the lack of non-volatile memory in the standby stuff.
What's stopping me is.. uh.. being a perpetual gypsy/nomad :frown: One day I will live in one place for a sustained period of time and stay there :banghead:
Reply 18
Well I'm planning to live an a boat one day :smile: much cheaper than buying a house... and you can take that all over the place. Very convenient.
Meh.. that's what my 4season trekking tent is for :hmpf:

Latest

Trending

Trending