The Student Room Group

What subjects are you taking for A-level?

What subjects are you planning on taking for A-level? Or what subjects are you currently doing for A-levels?

I'm planning on doing maths, english literature, business and economics and accounting.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by futurematters
What subjects are you planning on taking for A-level? Or what subjects are you currently doing for A-levels?

I'm planning on doing maths, english literature, business and economics and accounting.

maths, further maths, physics , chemistry, additional further maths.
I'm planning to take:
History
Economics
Government and Politics
French
and an EPQ on the side :tongue:
Reply 3
Maths economics history and maybe Spanish
Original post by hxfsxh
I'm planning to take:
History
Economics
Government and Politics
French
and an EPQ on the side :tongue:

My friend does history, economics and french! Nice range of subjects! My school doesn't offer the EPQ, are you doing it with school or out of school?
Reply 5
What if I'm only planning on taking 3? Is that not enough?
Original post by akawais

3 is absolutely fine :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by akawais

That's fine! My school make you do 4 so that you can drop one after the first year, but only doing 3 means you can focus more on them! Good luck.
Original post by Rajive
Maths economics history and maybe Spanish

They sound good! Just not the Spanish!
Original post by ihatehannah
maths, further maths, physics , chemistry, additional further maths.

I was going to take further maths, I'm not sure between that and the english literature! Not so sure about the chemistry and physics because I'm useless, but I'm sure you'll do great!
My friend does history, economics and french! Nice range of subjects! My school doesn't offer the EPQ, are you doing it with school or out of school?

I'm doing it in school!
Because I go to a Grammar school, there is a lot of attention on universities so we are offered a range of enrichment qualifications that universities like. So you can choose from Core Maths, Perspectives on Science and EPQ.
Original post by hxfsxh
I'm doing it in school!
Because I go to a Grammar school, there is a lot of attention on universities so we are offered a range of enrichment qualifications that universities like. So you can choose from Core Maths, Perspectives on Science and EPQ.

I go to a comprehensive school so perhaps that's why! Wish I could do it out of school, but not sure where offers it. Any ideas what grades you want this year of next year? Or even what university you want to go to?
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
German
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Maths
Further Maths
Physics
German

The maths and further maths sounds good, would hate to do Physics or German!
I go to a comprehensive school so perhaps that's why! Wish I could do it out of school, but not sure where offers it. Any ideas what grades you want this year of next year? Or even what university you want to go to?

I'm hoping for 6A*s and 4As as they're my target grades this year, and then ideally I'd like A*A*AA for AS and A*AA for A2 and then hopefully study Law at Cambridge, but if not Cambridge then maybe Manchester because I live in Manchester :tongue:
Reply 15
I'm doing maths, physics and chemistry as level. Likely going to drop either physics or chemistry. And next year do A2 maths, AS Further maths, AS Computer Science, carry on with physics most likely. And also do Btec 3D Design as there's no exam and basically a fun lesson to get away from all the logical lessons.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by OGGUS
I'm doing maths, physics and chemistry as level. Likely going to drop either physics or chemistry. And next year do A2 maths, AS Further maths, AS Computer Science, carry on with physics most likely. And also do Btec 3D Design as there's no exam and basically a fun lesson to get away from all the logical lessons.

Sounds good! What is as level maths like?
The maths and further maths sounds good, would hate to do Physics or German!

Yeah.. I'm almost considering switching physics to something else, like chem, but then again, I think I might want to do engineering.

But German I do like, though I would have liked to drop it in year 13 if given the chance.
Reply 18
They sound good! Just not the Spanish!

Do you hate it?
Reply 19
Sounds good! What is as level maths like?

Exam board mei btw
As level maths is fairly easy as long you put the work in, it also depends which applied module you do. I do stats and it's fairly boring. Core 1 is easy but you need to put a lot of work to get a high grade. Core 2 is a lot harder than core 1 but is still somewhat straightforward.

Quick Reply

Latest