The Student Room Group

Made a, er, mistake

Hey guys, I made a mistake in thinking the Chemistry exams were in the afternoon of today when infact it was the morning (There's a first time for everything).

It's too late to take them now, so I will have to wait until next Jan.

However I am worried about the A2 courses, they require a minimum grade of a D and I don't have a D overall obviously because I have no grade at all for half the course. But I did get D in my first exam in Jan.

If I decide to do Chemistry A2 will I be allowed or will I not be able to do it?

Regards Malik
Up to your school entirely. If they know your good enough and it was a mistake that lead to you missing the exam - possibly. It's your school that has the poicy of needeing a D, not the exam board or anyone else.
It depends on your college I guess, go and talk to them today really apologetically and maybe they'll let you :smile:
Reply 3
:s-smilie: Didn't your school ring you up when you weren't there in the exam?

Don't worry; I'm sure they'd make allowances for the fact that you didn't get a grade because you didn't sit the exam, not because you did badly. Surely your teacher will have evidence of what grade you were working at (mock grades/past papers etc), and you got a D in Jan so that's alright. Did you do coursework/a practical as well that might count toward your mark?
Reply 4
Gosh i've done that before, its amazingly easy to do....

Did you have a mock exam in your chem modules? because your teacher will look at that and decide.
I'd strongly advice you resit module 3 (organic) in jan and module 2(physical) in June. They'll seem alot easier when you get round to doing them!

Dont worry about it, these things happen to everyone
Reply 5
xemmajanex
:s-smilie: Didn't your school ring you up when you weren't there in the exam?

Don't worry; I'm sure they'd make allowances for the fact that you didn't get a grade because you didn't sit the exam, not because you did badly. Surely your teacher will have evidence of what grade you were working at (mock grades/past papers etc), and you got a D in Jan so that's alright. Did you do coursework/a practical as well that might count toward your mark?

Yeah but of course I planned to wake up at 10am so I missed the call :frown: My mum was checking the messages at 12 ish and that's how I found out.

We didn't do mocks for the third module afaik, but I did get B/C in the other module mocks.
Third module is half coursework half exam, he can't tell us the marks (but did say generally that it was good) but it's possible it is 26/30 ish, so maybe an E?

Thanks for the response guys I phoned them up as soon as I found out, pending a response..
Reply 6
That must have been horrible! Don't worry though; I'm sure it happens a lot (I've nearly missed loads of exams by getting the time wrong!) and the nice thing about AS's is that everyone resits them anyway so it doesn't really matter that you missed it :smile:

And it sounds to me like there'll be no problem with you taking Chem to A2.
Unless your teachers are really mean, I'm sure they'll let you carry on. Just be glad you did it this year and not at A2 when it really matters!

Latest