The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

PhD interview outcome?

I interviewed for a science research degree, funded by scholarship around 3 weeks ago. Still haven't heard anything back, anyone else waiting or know how long a response takes usually?
I got a phonecall with good news within 24hrs (AHRC funded). However, in my case, all 6 finalists were interviewed on same day. Were you advised what to expect?

I'd enquire whether the successful candidate has been notified.
(edited 7 years ago)
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by DrSocSciences
I got a phonecall with good news within 24hrs (AHRC funded). However, in my case, all 6 finalists were interviewed on same day. Were you advised what to expect?

I'd enquire whether the successful candidate has been notified.

In passing, one of the panel said 'a few days' but, nothing formal. However, I was interviewed a week after submitting my application; when interviews weren't supposed to begin until May.
Original post by GWEL
In passing, one of the panel said 'a few days' but, nothing formal. However, I was interviewed a week after submitting my application; when interviews weren't supposed to begin until May.

Ok, that's a tough one, as you might not hear until the end of May. I'd still enquire about the anticipated notification schedule.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending