The Student Room Group

Advice for changing course and university after first year?

Hi! My first post on here..

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice, I'm a first year law student @ reading uni and decided that I no longer want to pursue a career as a lawyer. I've decided that the best route for my chosen career would be to study criminology/psychology with criminology and am in the process of making a new UCAS application.
My choices are:
Criminology & Psychology @ Southampton
Criminology @ Leicester
Psychology & Criminology @ Loughborough
Criminology @ Surrey
and Criminology & Security studies @ Birmingham City
I meet the entry requirements for these unis but have some questions so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated! I have spoken to student finance and I would get full funding as you are allowed 4 years.
1) Is it too late to send an application now?
2) Is anyone else considering/ in process of moving to any of these unis?
3) Does or did anyone study any of these subjects - what advice can you give of what I can do to make the best candidate for law enforcement career prospects?
4) The course at Birmingham City university is the most relevant to what I want to pursue career wise, however it's no-where near on the league tables my current uni or new choices. Is reputation more important than course content?
Thanks a bunch!...
Original post by ohmlife
Hi! My first post on here..

I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice, I'm a first year law student @ reading uni and decided that I no longer want to pursue a career as a lawyer. I've decided that the best route for my chosen career would be to study criminology/psychology with criminology and am in the process of making a new UCAS application.
My choices are:
Criminology & Psychology @ Southampton
Criminology @ Leicester
Psychology & Criminology @ Loughborough
Criminology @ Surrey
and Criminology & Security studies @ Birmingham City
I meet the entry requirements for these unis but have some questions so if anyone could help it would be much appreciated! I have spoken to student finance and I would get full funding as you are allowed 4 years.
1) Is it too late to send an application now?
2) Is anyone else considering/ in process of moving to any of these unis?
3) Does or did anyone study any of these subjects - what advice can you give of what I can do to make the best candidate for law enforcement career prospects?
4) The course at Birmingham City university is the most relevant to what I want to pursue career wise, however it's no-where near on the league tables my current uni or new choices. Is reputation more important than course content?
Thanks a bunch!...

1) You need to email admissions and see if the universities still have places. No-one else can tell you.
Can't answer 2 I'm afraid. Answer to 3 & 4= what matters most = work experience and soft & hard skills. I'm not sure how many law enforcement type jobs there are though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending