The Student Room Group

Careers

Hi, i love maths and physics, I'm most definitely going to study one of them at university, or maths and physics as a degree, but despite my passion for the subject financial dreams comes first for me, so is there a career i could go into that could make me rich (rich being over 70K+) which i could enter with a degree in maths or physics.
Original post by uchihaitachi0023
Hi, i love maths and physics, I'm most definitely going to study one of them at university, or maths and physics as a degree, but despite my passion for the subject financial dreams comes first for me, so is there a career i could go into that could make me rich (rich being over 70K+) which i could enter with a degree in maths or physics.

https://www.prospects.ac.uk/careers-advice/what-can-i-do-with-my-degree/mathematics

Maths in particular opens up a fair few doors and the starting salaries are quite good. The obvious that you could go for are IB or the actuarial profession (but that'll take you a fair few years to get up to £70k+).

With these things, it's not just about what degree you do and what classification you get but other things on your CV matter too, as well as insight days/placements/internships etc (eg spring week for IB) so don't forget about those - they can start from Year 13/first year of uni!
U could go for a engineering degree.Maybe if u do chemistry go for chemical engineering.If u look Maths and Physics then maybe electric/electronic engineering.Get your self a bsc/master and starting salary could be 30-40k depending on where u live.Having around 10 years in engineering experiance can net u £100k+ a year(depending which engi field u are in and where u work).

Quick Reply

Latest