The Student Room Group

WJEC AS ICT Exam 6th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lemonandlime1
Hi, what is your UMS for the exam and coursework combined?
I had 80/80 for the coursework and 82 in the exam which is a total of 162 which is an A.

In the exam however I had a high C (one off a B)

I got 67 UMS on the coursework and 86 on the exam. 153 total. :/
I was the only one from my school with an A too!
Well done!
One girl had a B but the rest had D's from a U in the exam and full marks in the coursework

Yes the real learning happens outside the classroom where you get out all the mark schemes haha. Imo classroom teaching is nearly pointless for IT
I was the only one from my school with an A too!
Well done!
One girl had a B but the rest had D's from a U in the exam and full marks in the coursework

Yeah the story is the same here. So many people got a U or E in the exam.

With so many people getting full marks in the coursework i get a sense that they are becoming much more severe and fussy in the marking of the exam to ensure there is still a candidate differential.

Not so long ago, you'd see people getting 120 ums in the exam in their sleep.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PedanticStudent
Yes the real learning happens outside the classroom where you get out all the mark schemes haha. Imo classroom teaching is nearly pointless for IT

Literally mark schemes are everything for ict exams, I think that's where everyone went wrong in my school, they all just used our teachers notes and didn't bother with the marks schemes
Literally mark schemes are everything for ict exams, I think that's where everyone went wrong in my school, they all just used our teachers notes and didn't bother with the marks schemes

That's it. If you don't write exactly what's there on the document which the examiners apparently sit and create together every year (even though it's copied and pasted) you ain't getting the marks lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 385
I got 154 ums ... should I retake exam ?
Anyone want to make a forum like this for A2?
Original post by Oscar_Ross

sure i will create one now
Original post by Oscar_Ross

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4508104
Hi guys; here is a link to the thread for IT3 in 2017.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4516494

I made this before realising one had been made already.
I have made a big post there including some advice and resources for you. Go and take a look if you like.

For this reason, I propose that we carry out our discussion at that link above, so other students can see.

I hope you are all well and bouncing off of the walls for the exciting months ahead...
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 390
Original post by PedanticStudent
I can put hand on heart and say 18 marks for ICT in Education (8 marks for the uses of ICT in education, 10 marks for the methodologies of registration)

I'd anticipate CAD/CAM to be there, as well as features of DTP/word processing or presentation software.

Electronic sources of information has not appeared since 2011.

Data, info and knowledge is likely to be there, certainly wouldn't expect HCIs again. However, the examiner seems to be slipping in little new questions worth three marks over the last few papers (ads/disads of CAD in summer 2014), (loyalty cards in jan 2014).

This year, WJEC seem to be putting a 'spin' as it were, on all the exams. For this reason, maybe something new will appear. There's really no telling what it will be. factors to consider when designing HCIs was in the SAMS, never came up, as was the different names of fields in a database (10 marks on the SAMS, never came up)

With this said, we really do not know, though as the examiner does tend to be copying and pasting questions from paper to paper, I doubt much will change. The specification is retiring in 2019 and is being replaced by computer science so its unlikely that he will be bothered to make any major changes for the last year of IT1 (there is the resit paper in 2017 of course, lets hope none of us need it.)

Good luck for Monday everyone! Remember to learn your mark schemes. It's the only way to do well in this exam.

HI JUST WANTED TO ASK SO WHAT DID COME IN THE 2016 Paper????
Original post by Kulsum1
HI JUST WANTED TO ASK SO WHAT DID COME IN THE 2016 Paper????

https://jacktilson.net/edu/ict/pastpapers/IT1/IT1-june-2016.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending