The Student Room Group
Not really. Just read through your notes, and have a look at the specimen paper on the OCR website if you haven't seen it already. The last two times People and Place has featured on the problem solving paper, it has been based on MEDCs, so it may well be an LEDC this time round. Although you never know these days...
Reply 2
I know MEDC better than LEDCs for these, but that's because of past papers. Just read through notes and if you've got a revision guide go through that and you'll be fine.
Do we JUST need to revise people and place?
No case studies?
Reply 4
The 2005 OCR A paper 4 was on electricity generation and issues surrounding it e.g. location of wind farms and nuclear power stations.
The 2006 paper was on settlement and national parks e.g. reasons for building a road in an area, and the attractions of a national park to tourists.
Hope that helps:smile:
Car Expert
Not really. Just read through your notes, and have a look at the specimen paper on the OCR website if you haven't seen it already. The last two times People and Place has featured on the problem solving paper, it has been based on MEDCs, so it may well be an LEDC this time round. Although you never know these days...
I was referring to the Avery Hill specifcation.
Reply 6
^^ Pwned
Reply 7
I thought it was on map work and stuff like that? The practice papers I have done for it are, anyway.
HDW
I thought it was on map work and stuff like that? The practice papers I have done for it are, anyway.
Depends which specification you are doing.
Reply 9
Ok 4 avery hill u need to kno the people and place module. U won't need 2 write out a case study but it's good to know them because if you're talking about rural to urban migration (urbanisation) u can throw a lil turkish guest workers into the mix. Also try and look at the coursework that you've produced earlier in year 11. That should have some ideas on it about sustainable development and plans e.t.c.

For my schools coursework we went to Swanage and I've got tons of stuff on screening (hiding things from view with vegetation e.t.c.) and things like cleaning up litter and charging people for car parks. Having barriers on footpaths to prevent extra un-necesary errosion. Everything counts and all you have to do is list the pros and cons for each idea, and then in the end just round everything off nicely!
rye225
For my schools coursework we went to Swanage and I've got tons of stuff on screening (hiding things from view with vegetation e.t.c.) and things like cleaning up litter and charging people for car parks. Having barriers on footpaths to prevent extra un-necesary errosion. Everything counts and all you have to do is list the pros and cons for each idea, and then in the end just round everything off nicely!
You're lucky! The only Geography trip we had was up in Loughton...:redface:

And I think we were meant to go to Mersea Island (which would've been good), but we didn't...

Latest