The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Accommodation pricing at Herts?

Hello!

I have been offered a room in Bellingham Court starting this Sept, however, the price seems very high reaching over £6k for the contract.

I'd like to know, is this the average price for Herts accommodation, or is it just this particular Court/block that is so expensive? Are there any cheaper options?

And also, will Student Finance be able to help me cover this amount fully, or only partly?

Thanks!:smile:
Original post by tashaxn
Hello!

I have been offered a room in Bellingham Court starting this Sept, however, the price seems very high reaching over £6k for the contract.

I'd like to know, is this the average price for Herts accommodation, or is it just this particular Court/block that is so expensive? Are there any cheaper options?

And also, will Student Finance be able to help me cover this amount fully, or only partly?

Thanks!:smile:

Unfortunately the going rate for all university halls for the calendar year is above £5k, even the cheapest option, Telford court works out at just over 5000 for a 42 week contract, but all the rooms are single and not ensuite, i.e., shared bathroom and toilet facilities. Student finance will most likely not cover the cost in full, but will give you fractionally more than say if you were to commute, however this is means tested and there is no guarantee in some cases that you will be eligible for it at all.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending