The Student Room Group

French speaking advice - urgent advice required!?

Hi,

I have just completed my French speaking exam, and although I managed to answer everything, there was a lot of minor mistakes I feel.

For example, I said 'mes personnel information... Non non mes information personnel'. These small mistakes gave me a bad feeling about it overall, however I'm not sure if my French teacher agreed with me.

They said that apparently if you correct yourself after its not so bad, and the mistake may in fact be discounted? I need some advice on whether these mistakes will actually have a major impact?

I'm so worried!

Help!
The mistake you made about les "informations personnelles" is really not that bad, and yes I think it doesn't matter if you corrected yourself after (in france when we have our english orals they say it doesn't matter)

So you only made that kind of mistakes or do you feel like you've made other mistakes ?
Reply 2
Original post by Marie-Antoinette
The mistake you made about les "informations personnelles" is really not that bad, and yes I think it doesn't matter if you corrected yourself after (in france when we have our english orals they say it doesn't matter)

So you only made that kind of mistakes or do you feel like you've made other mistakes ?

Yes I think that there were a few other minor mistakes, my teacher said they weren't anything to concern yourself about but I still am a bit.

Another mistake for example, I said toi' when I meant to say 'comme lui'... I eventually changed it to lui' but it's still a big mistake isn't it?
I think lui' is correct but it depends, what was the sentence exactly please ?

But if your teacher told you it wasn't anything to concern yourself about I think it really wasn't, teachers always see all kinds of mistakes, and I'm sure they've seen way worse than yours

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending