The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I'm trying to think of something that would be useful in games. I had an idea of doing something to generate models of things like rocks that could be put into games. I know it doesn't sound very interesting, but if you really look at games, most natural things like rocks look pretty crappy. I think there could be an opening in the market for something like that. After all speedtree (same kind of thing but for trees) is pretty succesful and has been used in loads of games.
Mine was a joint one, we built a 3D game that could be interfaced with virtual reality equipment. One of us focussed on the AI aspects of the game where I focussed on the game framework, audio, special effects e.g. particle system and input handling.

My advice is though, don't do a game unless you're REALLY into it - theres a lot of work - it takes a lot of time to get anything remotely good which doesn't help when the demonstration deadline is approaching.

Most universities put lists up on their websites - take a look there for inspiration.
Reply 3
guitar_devil

My advice is though, don't do a game unless you're REALLY into it - theres a lot of work - it takes a lot of time to get anything remotely good which doesn't help when the demonstration deadline is approaching.

That's why I picked a course where you have to do a game as your 3rd year project. I do my final year project in my 4th year (it's an MEng course).
Reply 4
I'm doing a Java teaching tool.

Not quite sure where I'm going to take it yet!

Latest

Trending

Trending