The Student Room Group

25 and deciding to teach myself A Level Biology need advice..

Hi there!

I recently finally decided that I want to become a Veterinary Nurse so I looked up how to become one.

I decided to go the academic route and looked at the entry requirements into Uni, I need A Level biology B or above.

As I work full time and at first I was looking for a night course or part time and the only courses were full time. So I tried the idea of becoming a full time student and working evenings, but as I inquired with all the local colleges they all wouldn't except me on the course for my age.

So I started looking around online for distance learning and they are all VERY pricey and even the monthly payments seemed abit far fetched especially as I had to pay for my examinations too!

I decided in the end to teach myself, I have many A Level text books and I'll hire a tutor if I start to struggle.

My main worries are the exams and the practicals. How do I arrange them?
Reply 1
It's a bit of a hassle but once it's sorted it's sorted. You need to speak with independent learning centres or just email a bunch of colleges. I think the exam boards themselves will be happy to help send them an email too.

Well done for making this decision, though I must say there are access courses as well as foundation university years. A levels are 2 years but the foundation year is just a single year.
hi there i believe the practical can but taken as written senario so they ask you on paper how to set this and that up for a practical. others iv seen give you an option where you dont have to take an option for practical but you a level would graded as non practical taken but grade B for example. they seem to set their own rules on that one. they usually tell you how to book them !
you normally take written exam in a college that they approve

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending