The Student Room Group

Applying for a different university last minute.

I have already made my firm and insurance choice universities. However, I have found a new university, I never considered before, which asks for similar grades to my insurance university for my subject choice and I actually think if I had an offer there I would make it my firm. I have not applied and obviously missed the deadline. I do not know the procedure for really late applicants, even once you have firmed your universities.

Is it possible for me to contact the university and is it worth even trying? I have predicted grades that are higher than the grades this university requires so i'm being very hopeful here. Just not sure if the UCAS system and deadlines are the be all and end all.

Any help would be much appreciated.
You can't apply to another university now that you have chosen your firm. On results day you could decline both your firm and insurance offers and go into clearing, but there is no guarantee that the university you want to apply to will be in clearing, or that they'd take you if they are. I suggets you email them, explain your situation and ask if they're likely to be in clearing this year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending