The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

I'm new and looking for accommodation advice :)

Hey everyone, very excited to be studying at the home of the one-and-only Alan Partridge :biggrin:

I'm looking at the more affordable accommodation and the ziggurats seem cool. I guess it's only for the first year so just needs to be comfortable, any opinions on this from people who have spent time/lived in these rooms? I'd like a social environment but I'm wondering if I'll get any peace in these tightly packed rooms...
Also slightly worried about the fact i'm 6'2 and the ziggurat beds are only 6ft long!

Any other general UEA advice is most welcome! Thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Timbo_Baggins

The bed sizes in the Ziggurats are slightly shorter than most of our other accommodation on campus. The bed length is around 6ft and we would encourage our taller students to choose an accommodation with the larger bed size. Details about bed sizes can be found at https://portal.uea.ac.uk/accommodation/options/comparison.

However, some taller students still choose the Ziggurat option, especially if they don’t sleep with their legs extended or if they don’t mind their legs hanging over the end of the bed.

As the Ziggurat buildings and surrounding walkways are Grade II listed (including interiors) we are unable to change bed sizes but hopefully that is helpful information.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by Timbo_Baggins
Hey everyone, very excited to be studying at the home of the one-and-only Alan Partridge :biggrin:

I'm looking at the more affordable accommodation and the ziggurats seem cool. I guess it's only for the first year so just needs to be comfortable, any opinions on this from people who have spent time/lived in these rooms? I'd like a social environment but I'm wondering if I'll get any peace in these tightly packed rooms...
Also slightly worried about the fact i'm 6'2 and the ziggurat beds are only 6ft long!

I've crashed in a bed in the ziggs before, and as someone about your height, even for that one night, when I wanted to stretch out, it was a bit annoying that they were shorter than my normal one in the ensuite, which is nice and long!!! I would personally recommend going for accommodation with the bigger beds!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending