The Student Room Group

Onyxia's Lair of discussion for World of Warcraft

Scroll to see replies

If anyone wants my battle.net PM me.

I love the changing character order, even if its about 6 years too late!
i want to go back but my friends will force me to play starcraft which tbh is pretty boring.
Reply 3982
Original post by Tommyjw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buq7nRclMS8&feature=related

Not the best video, but shows it a bit.
Doesn't seem so 'epic' now with the amount of large bosses easily available, but at the time, was awesome :holmes:

Oh aye, I remember now :proud:
Made my first character on the 18th of June, playing on Kazzak, level 61 hunter atm...
Might go solo MC later for bindings and karazhan for horse on my paladin.
Views on the patch? :smile: Just starting new quest line now
Original post by Tommyjw
Views on the patch? :smile: Just starting new quest line now

Not too much to it tbh, quests keep you busy for a little while then it's back to heroic farming. Or if you want to risk the general population a firelands trash pug.

The story behind the quests was good but the execution could have been a bit less of the same stuff.
Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey
I love the changing character order, even if its about 6 years too late!

No way, they finally introduced that?

Took their ****ing time.

Original post by Roobsa
World of Warcraft Goes Free-to-Play (but only until level 20)

Don't suppose anyone knows if this applies to old accounts? Say if i were to renew, level a new alt on my account and subscribe again if liked what i saw?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by sr90
Don't suppose anyone knows if this applies to old accounts? Say if i were to renew, level a new alt on my account and subscribe again if liked what i saw?

It only applies to trial accounts, basically they are simply removing the 7 day limit of trial accounts.
Full Vicious now on warrior...

Tempted to try EVE online
Reply 3990
Original post by ToastyCoke

That game is brutal. I played it for a few weeks a couple of years ago and I never really got into it but I've read stories about people scamming others out of billions of ISK and it was completely legit, just totally morally devious. I guess that's the appeal to a lot of hardcore gamers though.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ToastyCoke

the thing about EVE is that is it so dull 0_o like literally dull

you have to play for months before you get any good ship
Original post by Ilyas
the thing about EVE is that is it so dull 0_o like literally dull

you have to play for months before you get any good ship

Indeed, everything in EVE is based on waiting. Or automation.

Learning a skill? Wait X hours/Y days.
Fancy going mining? Auto pilot into the area you want to mine, auto pilot up to the rock, wait as your ship auto mines rock.

Got kind of boring really fast. Glad I only paid £1.49 for my 30 day initial sub as i bought it on a steam sale.
This is the most tempting taking WoW back up has been in a loong time..

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3076888
I hate these things.

You level up ridiculously fast. You miss 95% of the games lower level content.

I mean seriously, as a 'new' or returning player.. where's the fun in skipping all the good areas, views, quest lines, dungeons, cinematics etc and just rush to 85 to start the epic grinding like everyone else?
'Cause dats where the game begins. Supposedly.
Reply 3996
Ok so I finally tried out the new patch about 2 days ago on my hunter, and I noticed that the defensive mode for my pet has changed :confused: Whenever I start attacking an enemy, my pet won't attack it until the enemy is up close, whereas it used to attack as soon as I did. I also noticed a new assist mode though for my pet, and I didn't bother reading the patch notes as it downloaded quickly. I'm guessing the new assist is the new defensive?
Assist will cause the pet to attack what you attack.
Defensive will cause the pet attack when you are hit.

From what I've been told anyway.
Reply 3998
Saaaaaad
Reply 3999
Original post by xBeccaxxGOKx
Assist will cause the pet to attack what you attack.
Defensive will cause the pet attack when you are hit.

From what I've been told anyway.

Thanks! :smile: I was wondering if my pets were glitching and I didn't even notice the new icon until an hour later, and even then I didn't bother trying it out haha...

Quick Reply

Latest