The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Do you enjoy being at Durham?

For current students.

I have an offer so will possibly be there next year.
Reply 1
I absolutely love Durham. I've had a tough time this first year, but I'm beginning to settle in, find my feet, and really enjoy it now.

Colleges are a major aspect of your enjoyment - if you have an offer, have you been allocated a college?

You'll find that Fresher's week is a good time to meet people within your college and course, and you'll probably find some friends then and have a reasonable time. Don't worry if Fresher's isn't the best week of your life though, it never is.

If college seems to let you down somehow, or the people you're hanging out with aren't your cup of tea, try out some societies. Sign up to everything you're interested in at the Union Fair (5th & 6th of October) and then you can keep up to date with what they are up to.

I struggled to settle into college, had a lot of mental health issues, and generally struggled at first. After help with my GP/the university counselling, and the societies and other colleges I got involved in, I started to enjoy it much more.

If you don't like your course and that is a burden, talk to someone. You can change courses after first year - many do it, it's not an unheard of thing.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest