The Student Room Group

RS Revision discussion ( mostly edexcel please)

In RS past papers there can be a few obscure ( out of the blue-ish?) sorta questions (an example is ' explain the laws on abortion') - I'm afraid that one of these will come up and ruin the grade I get. ( Aiming for duh Aystah) , especially since the grade boundaried are getting tight af ( last year 80/84 for aystah.)

What is the best way in your opinion for preparing for these questions?
Original post by AystahStudent
In RS past papers there can be a few obscure ( out of the blue-ish?) sorta questions (an example is ' explain the laws on abortion':wink: - I'm afraid that one of these will come up and ruin the grade I get. ( Aiming for duh Aystah) , especially since the grade boundaried are getting tight af ( last year 80/84 for aystah.)

I'm really worried about RE too, because it's the first exam and I don't want to do badly and it throws me off for the rest of the exams... I didn't revise for the mocks in December and still managed to get an A* so I'm really not too sure what to do. I've done some past papers, which I need to give to my teacher to mark.
Original post by AystahStudent
In RS past papers there can be a few obscure ( out of the blue-ish?) sorta questions (an example is ' explain the laws on abortion':wink: - I'm afraid that one of these will come up and ruin the grade I get. ( Aiming for duh Aystah) , especially since the grade boundaried are getting tight af ( last year 80/84 for aystah.)

Just explain the two laws:

Human Fertilisation and Embryology Act 1990
Abortion Act 1967

Two doctors must be present to agree on an abortion for the mother. The most common reason is mental distress to the mother (if the baby was to be born).

Hope that helped.
Reply 3
was i the only one that didnt know we had to do a question on 4 sections....like...
every time we did a mock we would only get 2 questions. I still think i will be able to finish in time tho if i do each section for 20ish minutes

Quick Reply

Latest