The Student Room Group

Is it possible to fund your last year at uni?

Hey, so I've just dropped out of doing Graphic design because I didn't think the course was really for me. I'm looking into doing design engineering instead though that requires relative qualifications such BTEC's ie Manufcaturing engineering, engineering, design(as listed on ucas). I dont have anything like that except graphic design. I'm also not sure how to work out the amount of ucas points i have though I'm sure its enough to qualify.

The foundation is £6,000 which would mean saving up for a while which is pretty scary. Is there any kind of funding I could get to help? Or maybe would it be better to get a part time job and fund the last year because I don't really mind paying the extra 3k if it saves me from taking a year off.
(edited 7 years ago)
I believe you aren't given an option but to have reduced funding for the 1st year of a new course rather than paying the extra at the end, although i could be wrong.

Original post by 7uppepsi
Hey, so I've just dropped out of doing Graphic design because I didn't think the course was really for me. I'm looking into doing design engineering instead though that requires relative qualifications such BTEC's ie Manufcaturing engineering, engineering, design(as listed on ucas). I dont have anything like that except graphic design. I'm also not sure how to work out the amount of ucas points i have though I'm sure its enough to qualify.

The foundation is £6,000 which would mean saving up for a while which is pretty scary. Is there any kind of funding I could get to help? Or maybe would it be better to get a part time job and fund the last year because I don't really mind paying the extra 3k if it saves me from taking a year off.
Original post by 7uppepsi

how many years of study have you already had? if its more than one, you have to pay for the first year of a new course yourself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending