The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by johnn123
After receiving my final rejection, I was wondering, are there any firms that you know of that hasn't closed their applications? And to cheer me up a little perhaps haha, are there firms that accept summer internship applications from a final year student? I'm in my penultimate year now so I will be in my final year next cycle. Cheers

Most banks accepts final years for summer, read the first page of this thread! And I PMed you about where to apply like this week asap
Original post by athrowaway
Meanwhile in the Spring Week thread they're bragging about how they're leveraging their SW offers to pick up hot girls xD

why else would anyone do banking :K:

that's what life is about = hot girls is the end result no?
Original post by Kate992
Have a couple of questions for people who have been through bg checks before: What kind of information do banks ask for to be provided (e.g. previous employer contact details etc.), and are the checks solely based on cv or online application as well? Thank you!

Hey,

Normally if it's through HireRight, they will re-ask you to enter employer information and upload your CV. And then they will re-cross-check it.

They cross-check education (A Level and Degree) as well as basic home information (Electoral Roll etc.), and for references from previous employers. Things they cannot verify such as extra-curricular activities or if they cannot get through to someone - if they really cannot verify it, they will send you a form about that activity to sign called a "Statement of Fact". Nothing to worry about, hope this helps! :biggrin:

Original post by gr8wizard10
why else would anyone do banking :K:

that's what life is about = hot girls is the end result no?

Larry Flynt's Hustler Club :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by athrowaway
Meanwhile in the Spring Week thread they're bragging about how they're leveraging their SW offers to pick up hot girls xD

That's an easy ticket to being a prick lol
for the peps who have not been able to secure an internship. try less popular divisions.
Corp banking comes to mind. Citi & DB are not finished there yet, this is first hand knowledge. I'm sure there are some others out there struggling with recruiting in these specific divisions. Network with these people and try to get them to vouch for you so you can get an interview.
I desperately need a Goldman HR contact any one have their email? (For London)
Original post by ESTATEREAL
I desperately need a Goldman HR contact any one have their email? (For London)

PMed you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard back from off-cycles? Roughly when does that hiring take place?
Original post by scrablle25
Anyone heard back from off-cycles? Roughly when does that hiring take place?

It takes place all the time

BAML - rejection
Morgan Stanley - IBD and GCM rejection (after first and second rounds respectively)
Goldman - silence
HSBC - IBD rejection post final round (but in Nov - they're done)
Citi - rejection in Nov
Just had rabobank tele intervew for summer markets internship. Went pretty **** to be honest lol. Will hear back by friday. Anyone else apply there?
Yo
Original post by thebadboy761
It takes place all the time

BAML - rejection
Morgan Stanley - IBD and GCM rejection (after first and second rounds respectively)
Goldman - silence
Citi - rejection in Nov

Did you specify your availability on the applications or they let you choose different possible start dates?
Original post by katuok
Did you specify your availability on the applications or they let you choose different possible start dates?

specify your availability on the applications
Original post by gman999
Just had rabobank tele intervew for summer markets internship. Went pretty **** to be honest lol. Will hear back by friday. Anyone else apply there?

Had it an hour ago, it went well and the HR sounded positive (??) however the questions were genuinely fairly hard, didn't even ask why Rabo so I don't know really...
I'm interning this summer in Treasury Services at a BB. Any idea which desks would be most exciting as an intern?

Also, what are my chances of getting IBD SA next year with a summer in Treasury under my belt? I'll be in final year then, but I'm guessing applying for IBD Grad would be out of the question.

Thanks
Original post by katuok
Sure, no problem! It was in Paris (interviews were in english). I was told by email that I would be having interviews and that it was an assessment day. Hence, it might be different for you.

Good luck!!

Thanks btw I also wanted to ask were the numerical, logical and figural questions in the actual Global Reasoning Test similar to the ones on the Practice Test which is in this link below?
https://pg.sitebase.net/pg_images/taleo/reasoning_tests/English_-_Practice_Reasoning_Test_-_5.6.08.pdf

In this 5 year old webpage http://mycanadianuniversity.com/top-10-proctor-a-gamble-reasoning-test-questions-and-answers.html
it says
"P&G has provided everyone with a practice reasoning test:
I personally believe that this is not an accurate representation of what you are going to see on the actual reasoning test. In fact, the actual reasoning test is a little bit different not harder just different. I have provided you with some questions below, work through these before you go in for your P&G reasoning test:"

Although this webpage is 5 years old, the test link given is the exact same test that P&G's website currently has and interestingly all the questions the person suggests one should work through are logical-based questions. I don't know if this means I could expect that logical based questions in the actual test could be likely to be quite different to those provided on the practice test.
Anyone have general tips for final round at Goldman?

Are they as intimidating as i perceive? Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thebadboy761

I would not be so sure. I had an AC a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately the Donald did not score on this occasion. :frown:
Original post by HotTamale
I'm interning this summer in Treasury Services at a BB. Any idea which desks would be most exciting as an intern?

Also, what are my chances of getting IBD SA next year with a summer in Treasury under my belt? I'll be in final year then, but I'm guessing applying for IBD Grad would be out of the question.

Thanks

Is this the equivalent to global transaction services?
Original post by midnight999
Thanks btw I also wanted to ask were the numerical, logical and figural questions in the actual Global Reasoning Test similar to the ones on the Practice Test which is in this link below?
https://pg.sitebase.net/pg_images/taleo/reasoning_tests/English_-_Practice_Reasoning_Test_-_5.6.08.pdf

In my case, it was more of a numerical test (very similar to Kenexa). Although there were a few logical questions too and it was significantly longer than the average IB test.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending