The Student Room Group

Making it Facebook official ?

I've been seeing my boyfriend for 6 months now and would like to make it Facebook official . I know making the relationship Facebook official shouldn't be that important but I'm a very insecure person and feel like it would bring me reassurance . Also all his friends in a relationships have their statuses changed and just feel like it's bit strange he hasn't changed his . Am I wrong for wanting to make it Facebook official ? How do I bring the subject up with him ?
If you're insistent just bring it up as a joke or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Hgawm
I've been seeing my boyfriend for 6 months now and would like to make it Facebook official . I know making the relationship Facebook official shouldn't be that important but I'm a very insecure person and feel like it would bring me reassurance . Also all his friends in a relationships have their statuses changed and just feel like it's bit strange he hasn't changed his . Am I wrong for wanting to make it Facebook official ? How do I bring the subject up with him ?
If you're a couple, put it on Facebook. If you're not, don't.

There's nothing official about Facebook. It's a social network. Not a record-holding office or a master archive that can be taken seriously. So a relationship on Facebook isn't "official." It's either a relationship or not.
Reply 3
Original post by Tootles
If you're a couple, put it on Facebook. If you're not, don't.

There's nothing official about Facebook. It's a social network. Not a record-holding office or a master archive that can be taken seriously. So a relationship on Facebook isn't "official." It's either a relationship or not.

Guess you're right not sure how to bring it up though
Original post by Hgawm

me any my boyfriend of 7 months and I became facebook official a few days ago. I felt like it was unnecessary for a really long time, and I've always seen it as a bit lame when I see the notification come up as 'X is in a relationship with Y'. However, it's kind of cute just to let people know so I thought why not...
We were literally just chatting and I said 'do you want me to change my relationship status?' and he said about time haha. Just be casual about it, he shouldn't have a problem with it. IMO it's not strange that he hasn't brought it up

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending