The Student Room Group

Transferring Universities

Hi, I'm currently not enjoying the university I am enrolled at (coming towards the end of first year) and want to change, I have unfortunately already signed a contract for second year housing so feel like I, unfortunately, need to stay in the same city however am slightly short on the grades required to get into the other Uni (AAB I achieved AAD). Does anyone have any help on how I could be released from my property contract to change Unis completely or whether the other university would potentially take lower A-Level grades if I have completed a year of study at a different University (almost like taking a foundation year i guess).
Original post by hlaugh
Hi, I'm currently not enjoying the university I am enrolled at (coming towards the end of first year) and want to change, I have unfortunately already signed a contract for second year housing so feel like I, unfortunately, need to stay in the same city however am slightly short on the grades required to get into the other Uni (AAB I achieved AAD). Does anyone have any help on how I could be released from my property contract to change Unis completely or whether the other university would potentially take lower A-Level grades if I have completed a year of study at a different University (almost like taking a foundation year i guess).
Hi, hope you’re well!
This is a difficult situation for you but try not to worry as there are definitely things you can do to help!
You can post on Facebook groups/ share on Instagram or other social media outlets about the possibility of someone taking over your contract. You could also ask your landlord to help share it around to find the suitable candidate who is looking for a room and will be happy to take it over! A friend of mine did this in second year, he found a student looking for a room who took over his contact and moved in with us instead of him. Another possibility is getting an official letter from your uni that proves you have left, you could show this to your landlord or letting agency as proof of you leaving the university and having reason to break the contract. Make sure you speak to your University’s advice and wellbeing officers for support!
If you can, find the admissions email or contact details for the university you are looking to transfer/ apply to, and speak to someone directly about your grades and if you can get in with them. They will be able to offer you the best advice and see what can be done.
Remember to take time to look after yourself in this situation and good luck 😊

Ria
Official LJMU Rep

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending