The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology Paper 2, 23 May 2016 Opinions. UNOFFICIAL MARK SCHEME

Scroll to see replies

Original post by melissa9898
What did people put for the q which was like, explain one strategy used in Cbt to treat depression or somethingg

I wrote about homework and then a bit on behavioural activation
anyone started an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by adelemaexo
This is exactly what I did. I said its classical conditioning because she associated the lift with fear. And then operant conditioning because she uses negative reinforcement to avoid the lifts

Yep, that's what I put as well. It's in the phobias section! She acquired the phobia of lifts through classical conditioning and then the phobia is maintained by operant conditioning as she will continue to avoid lifts to avoid the negative consequences (the anxiety response)
Original post by adelemaexo
I spoke about REBT and empirical disputing which leads to positive effects

I put about getting them to write Their neagtive beliefs down in a diary and then the therapist could challenge them
Original post by Whydoihavetojoin
I wrote about homework and then a bit on behavioural activation

Yeah same and about writing her irrational beliefs down in a diary that could be challenged
Original post by jmartinzahid
what did u guys put for the cbt multiple choice question ???

what was the question?
Original post by the.chantele
I put operant conditioning..how can it be classical if she hasn't associated anything..

I wrote about classical conditioning because this is how a phobia is first formed, operant conditioning is how the phobia is maintained
Could the question on CBT strategies have been answered by saying behavioral techniques and problem solving skills?
anyone got any grade boundary predictions??
Original post by emwaltonx
I wrote about classical conditioning because this is how a phobia is first formed, operant conditioning is how the phobia is maintained

Did it say that she was avoiding the lift? i thought it just said that she feared the lift not that she avoided it so i never mentioned anything on operant conditioning
Original post by emwaltonx

did we need to write that it was maintained by OC? i just explained how it's CC lol
Original post by Minantan
Did it say that she was avoiding the lift? i thought it just said that she feared the lift not that she avoided it so i never mentioned anything on operant conditioning

It said that she feared them because of being trapped for five hours, nothing about avoiding.
for the 8 marker i wrote about classical and operant conditioning...anyone else? hope the grade boundaries are low!! :frown: :bee2:
Original post by hehexd
what was the question?

i cant remember sorry ahh
Original post by Minantan

I didn't mention operant either, but it said she won't go in lifts! i think they only wanted what caused the phobia not how it is maintained :smile:
Original post by saynarda
It said that she feared them because of being trapped for five hours, nothing about avoiding.

Thats what i thought, it would be to much to talk about oc and cc for the first 3 marks, and then having to talk about op again. It woudn't make sense
Original post by saynarda

It said that she had been unable to get into a lift since the event
What did people put for the identical twins phenotype/genotype question?
Guys no-one else appears to have started one, so if you can remember some Qs do you want to start one here?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1uykbL7fQqnYN2zGUcnr490VIE5MH2cLjZ-w53W3zh7E/edit?usp=sharing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending