The Student Room Group

HELP! Making up for having no (core) Science A-level?

I am working toward UCL Psychology BSc, and my A-levels consist of English Literature, Government, and Politics, Sociology and Psychology. (currently doing AS exams). I had chosen these subjects because I know for a fact that I would achieve As and A*s in them (which I bound to achieve) and I would rather be certain of that than to risk getting Bs and Cs in core sciences.

Out of all 4 the only one that is classed as a science at universities is Psychology, which is fine, but my GCSE core science grade was a C (and a B at additional) and UCL requires 2 Bs at GCSE Science.

I am on track to achieving 4 As this year. My personal statement is full of Psychology work-experience (including in a Psych department at Kings College, Neuroscience hospital and the UCL Psychology Summer School), but I worry so much about the GCSE situation.

To elaborate, I had contacted admissions, told them of my situation and he had said that it technically does not meet their requirements but "There is a chance that, if this is mitigated for at a higher level, we could waive the requirement, or view it as met by that higher qualification. ". What exactly does this mean? Does it mean that if I achieve all As at AS Level and achieve even higher at Alevel, then I could stand a chance?..
Reply 1
A majority of applicants exceed all entry requirements with the average applicant having studied maths, bio and psych. Ucl's psych course is very science heavy and this is their way of ensuring you can handle it. However you never know if you don't try and it's only one ucas option so why not give it a go.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest