The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Lowered entry requirements with EPQ

Hi,
My offer states:
‘This offer is subject to you obtaining grades AAA at A-Level in 3 subjects including a science subject but excluding General Studies. If you make Exeter your Firm choice and achieve a grade A in either the EPQ or
Core Maths we guarantee to confirm your place if you achieve 2 grades below your offer, excluding any subject conditions.’
So if I have firmed and have an A in the EPQ does this mean the grades ABB would be accepted? Or would it be AAC etc?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Alicecollins22
Hi,
My offer states:
‘This offer is subject to you obtaining grades AAA at A-Level in 3 subjects including a science subject but excluding General Studies. If you make Exeter your Firm choice and achieve a grade A in either the EPQ or
Core Maths we guarantee to confirm your place if you achieve 2 grades below your offer, excluding any subject conditions.’
So if I have firmed and have an A in the EPQ does this mean the grades ABB would be accepted? Or would it be AAC etc?

I believe what they mean is that they'll accept ABB but there must still be a science subject there
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Original post by Alicecollins22
Hi,
My offer states:

Hi Alicecollins22

Hopefully I can help clarify this for you - the terms of your offer means that with a grade A in the EPQ or core Maths you would be accepted with ABB. However, if you have applied for a programme with subject requirements (for example many Science subject require a B in a Science), this would not replace the need to achieve that subject grade. If you needed an A in one of your A levels to meet a subject requirement then you would need to get an A in that subjects (but your others could be B.

Hope this makes sense- best of luck with your results, let us know if you have any further questions we can help with.

Melody
University of Exeter Student Recruitment Team
Reply 3
Original post by UniofExeter Rep
Hi Alicecollins22

Hopefully I can help clarify this for you - the terms of your offer means that with a grade A in the EPQ or core Maths you would be accepted with ABB. However, if you have applied for a programme with subject requirements (for example many Science subject require a B in a Science), this would not replace the need to achieve that subject grade. If you needed an A in one of your A levels to meet a subject requirement then you would need to get an A in that subjects (but your others could be B.

Hope this makes sense- best of luck with your results, let us know if you have any further questions we can help with.

Melody

Hi

I'm hoping you are able to clarify this for me

My offer states:
‘This offer is subject to you obtaining grades A*AA at A-Level in 3 subjects but excluding General Studies. If you make Exeter your Firm choice and achieve a grade A in either the EPQ or
Core Maths we guarantee to confirm your place if you achieve 1 grade below your offer, excluding any subject conditions.’

If I already have an A in EPQ, does it mean that I can get in with either AAA or A*AB because i don't have any subject specific conditions?

Does it matter which subject I achieve lower on if their is no subject specific conditions?

I can't tell if it's targeted towards me getting an A rather than an A* (so that I'm let in with AAA) or if I can get a B instead of an A (so that I'm let in with A*AB)
Original post by Hajrah0
Hi

I'm hoping you are able to clarify this for me

My offer states:
‘This offer is subject to you obtaining grades A*AA at A-Level in 3 subjects but excluding General Studies. If you make Exeter your Firm choice and achieve a grade A in either the EPQ or
Core Maths we guarantee to confirm your place if you achieve 1 grade below your offer, excluding any subject conditions.’

If I already have an A in EPQ, does it mean that I can get in with either AAA or A*AB because i don't have any subject specific conditions?

Does it matter which subject I achieve lower on if their is no subject specific conditions?

I can't tell if it's targeted towards me getting an A rather than an A* (so that I'm let in with AAA) or if I can get a B instead of an A (so that I'm let in with A*AB)

Hi Hajrah0,

The offer will stand if you drop one grade on any of your A Levels - so as you said A*AA would translate to either AAA or A*AB.

The main thing to stress is that you need an A in your EPQ and we need to have been your firm choice. Also, any subject requirements must still be met, so if you needed to have an A in a science we would not accept a B in this subject in place of it.

I hope that this makes sense - good luck for tomorrow!

Melody

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending