The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Warwick Rowers

I'll be going off to Warwick next year and I am looking to get into as many sports as I can, including hopefully the rowing team. But can I still join even if I don't want to be in their calendar photos?
Yes, you can join even if you don't want to do their naked calender.

However, I would say that if you do join rowing, it will become your life, and you won't have time to do any other sports, as well as your degree. The same is true with most competitive sports at university. My advice would be to pick 1 or 2 sports and focus on those, you simply won't have enough time to do more.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 2
Will you be able to join the rowing team even if you've got zero experience rowing?
Give ice hockey a go :tongue:
Original post by faston2k16
I'll be going off to Warwick next year and I am looking to get into as many sports as I can, including hopefully the rowing team. But can I still join even if I don't want to be in their calendar photos?

Yes you can definitely still be part of the team even if you do not want to be part of the calendar. Being part of the calendar is just a choice, not a necessity.

I would like to add something to an earlier post above. Rowing will take up a LOT of your personal time, you'll have to do lots of intense training at around 06:00 AM or in the evening which takes up so many hours but it'll be worth it. You will still have time to focus on your course and other social stuff but it will e slightly strained. You'll just need to manage your time.
Reply 5
What were the erg times needed to get through the trials?

Quick Reply

Latest