The Student Room Group

Why does everyone listen to bad music?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MovedMasterMike
This generation of music sucks. People should be listening to good rock and metal like Staind, Korn, Rage Aginst the Machince, Deftones, Stone Temple Pilots and Metallica. Instead, people are are listening to Drake, Justin Bieber and The Weeknd which is just awful....

I totally agree.
Indie and alt rock all the way :biggrin:
Original post by _mxrky
neither do I? What's your point? Screaming is better than aggressive rhyming?

All i was saying is that the artists i mentioned above are a bad influence.

They will all go to hell
Original post by _mxrky
And you're artists have a good influence?

I prefer calming music at times so classical music.
There's no such thing as bad music. Everyone just has their own personal preference, that's all.
I personally enjoy listening to artists such as 1D, The Vamps, ATL, TØP and Shawn Mendes. Not everyone enjoys listening to the same music and that's a good thing. If we all listened to the same music then there wouldn't be as many artists creating new styles of music
Original post by OddFuturez
No they communicate with passion and the words are powerful...

THANK YOU!! Metal is not what everyone thinks of just shouting. It's a complete mixture. Everyone's perception of metal is Slipknot shouting...... Nu metal is good!
(edited 7 years ago)
The complete variation of vocals in Metal is what makes it special.
Tbh I dunno where I come under this lol, because I like such a wide range of metal and rock. E.g. Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Slipknot, Metallica, Live, Nirvana, Avenged Sevenfold, SOAD, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, RHCP :tongue: Typically I like those sort of genres, just a very varied bunch of bands.
Staind is quite underrated. And i didn't mention Slipknot, Pantera or Killswitch Engage (they're great) in the orgininal post because people would straight away think that I just listen to 'shouting'. Limp Bizkit, System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, FFDP, Drowning Pool anyone??
(edited 7 years ago)
Grunge is also good like Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Soundgarden and Nirvana of course
Original post by xMiakatx
Tbh I dunno where I come under this lol, because I like such a wide range of metal and rock. E.g. Five Finger Death Punch, Disturbed, Slipknot, Metallica, Live, Nirvana, Avenged Sevenfold, SOAD, Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace, RHCP :tongue: Typically I like those sort of genres, just a very varied bunch of bands.

Yh I listen to the same bands. RHCP is probably the only band which will get away with haters because of their rapping and soft vocals...
Staind is quite underrated. And i didn't mention SLipknot in the orgininal post because people would straight away think that I just listen to 'shouting'. LIMP BIZKIT, System of a Down, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, FFDP anyone??

Allllllll of them :tongue: and Staind are awesome!
Original post by Blackstarr
All i was saying is that the artists i mentioned above are a bad influence.

They will all go to hell

If your actually serious about that hell part then your a bad influence.
And OMG I can't stand Grime rap (Skepta, Stormzy, JME, KSI) . That is just the definition of trash music imo. J Cole and Kendrick Lamar is as far as i'll go in terms of rap.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Lord Samosa
Drake

(Not really listened to Quentin Miller :colondollar:)

Its a joke lmao
THANK YOU!! Metal is not what everyone thinks of just shouting. It's a complete mixture. Everyone's perception of metal is Slipknot shouting...... Nu metal is good!

And Slipknot's work isn't mindless screaming, if you listen to the lyrics.

Then there's the endless subgenres. Symphonic metal's probably my favourite of them.
Original post by Mactotaur
And Slipknot's work isn't mindless screaming, if you listen to the lyrics.

Then there's the endless subgenres. Symphonic metal's probably my favourite of them.

exactly
[video="youtube;EJVt8kUAm9Q"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVt8kUAm9Q[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest