The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

What shops are near the Lansdowne Capmus?

Any type of shop; food, clothes, shopping centre?
Reply 1
The landsdowne campus is situated just outside of the town. There are a lot of places to eat; subway, dominoes, wok 2 go and KFC. A few convenience shops and there is an Asda right next to the train station. If you go into the town, you'll find lots of other shops such as H&M, Topman, Debehams, Primark, Sportsdirect and a lot more! Also you're about 10 minutes walk from the beach.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Original post by dudewithlettuce
Any type of shop; food, clothes, shopping centre?

Hi dudewithlettuce,

My name is Steve and I'm an ambassador for BU here on The Student Room.

There are a good selection of shops near the Lansdowne Campus. There is a big ASDA next to the train station that a lot of students tend visit for their weekly shop. From the main Lansdowne roundabout you're about a 10 minute walk into the middle of town, where you'll be able to find most UK retail chains as well as some quirky own-brand shops too.

If you're in need of something bigger, Southampton is probably the nearest large scale out-of-town shopping centre, which you can get to in 30 minutes for just under £15 return on the train (a bit steep, but definitely worth a visit). The train station is a 10 minute walk the other way, so really easy to get to. I'm from Kent originally so I was used to having a large shopping centre like Bluewater, but it wasn't so much of an issue when I discovered Southampton!

Steve Moss
Thanks guys this was really helpful

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending