The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Accomodation

I just booked my flat for starting in September 2023, and I was quite surprised to see that a lot of the accommodations had already been booked - in fact the only ones that were really left were single sex accommodations or show rooms (that are open to the public on open days). This was quite surprising seeing as I'm doing this at the beginning of May, and the accommodation booking had opened to unconditional offer holders at the beginning of April - so even though I'm a bit late I'm not drastically late. But the accommodation booking for conditional offer holders opens at the end of June.
I was just wondering if this was normal, or if there are accommodations being released later on in the month/process.
Reply 1
Original post by adamawilson
I just booked my flat for starting in September 2023, and I was quite surprised to see that a lot of the accommodations had already been booked - in fact the only ones that were really left were single sex accommodations or show rooms (that are open to the public on open days). This was quite surprising seeing as I'm doing this at the beginning of May, and the accommodation booking had opened to unconditional offer holders at the beginning of April - so even though I'm a bit late I'm not drastically late. But the accommodation booking for conditional offer holders opens at the end of June.
I was just wondering if this was normal, or if there are accommodations being released later on in the month/process.

Not sure if this still relevant two months on but I am a current BU student who applied through clearing last year and I struggled to get a place. I got put on a waitlist and I only found out a week or so before the start of freshers that I had a flat in Dorchester House. The uni and the city are unfortunately growing at a rate and student accommodation cannot keep up with the demand. It is crazy I am back in student accommodation again this year as I officially start my first year (this past year was a foundation year) and had to book it early or keep checking sites for space.
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Where did you end up booking? I start a foundation year in sept and have just booked into Lansdowne.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending