The Student Room Group

are my grades good enough for economics at UCL/cambridge/warwick/durham/bath

9A*'s 2A's and a B -_- in PE. predicted AAAB at AS B in biology, A's in chem ,eco , maths
Reply 1
It depends far more on your personal statement and, for Oxbridge, your interview. Your grades will be enough to be considered by all of them but they care far more about your wider reading, what aspects of economics interest you, any projects/essay competitions you completed, your knowledge of what economics at uni involves and your general ability to handle the demanding course.
yes! those are fantastic grades! you typically need two As and a B! definitely an A in maths. I'm looking to do economics but I'm currently failing my GCSEs and I hate myself
Reply 3
cheers guys. do you know if the B would put me in much worse position although it has nothing to do with the course
Reply 4
or if anyone knows
Reply 5
The B shouldn't make a difference as it has little to do with your course, you are right. :smile: Excellent grades btw!
Those grades will get you into all the other 3 for definite, well done. But Cambridge, not really sure that B might annoy them. Oxford wouldn't care as much, I know many who got interviews with the 4th B. They looked at the 3 grades you were taking to A2 and how likely it is you'll meet your prediction. Good luck.

Quick Reply

Latest