The Student Room Group

ECs for US unis

hi everyone, I don't have many ECs to put on my application for Ivy League unis (like any nationally recognised awards) but I do have, like, my passion in filming and writing. Idk because my school is quite focused on acadmeics but is that similar to any of you? And will it hinder my chances at Ivy league unis or if I am ham up my ECs will it be okay?

Thanksies
Original post by unknowntsr
hi everyone, I don't have many ECs to put on my application for Ivy League unis (like any nationally recognised awards) but I do have, like, my passion in filming and writing. Idk because my school is quite focused on acadmeics but is that similar to any of you? And will it hinder my chances at Ivy league unis or if I am ham up my ECs will it be okay?

Thanksies

I little in ECs - no national awards or club presidencies and i don't play any sports. i spoke to my mentor today and she still seems quite positive so it's given me a bit of hope. what colleges are u looking at?
Original post by unknowntsr

Thanksies

Hopefully you've done a lot with your passion. It's one thing to say you have a passion for film/writing. It's a totally different thing to demonstrate it.

Make sure one of your recommenders talks about it.. Otherwise what proof do they really have?

Don't bother trying to milk ECs as much as you can because it's nigh impossible to impress an Ivy admissions officer. Just be honest and they'll see if you're a good fit for the school

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending