The Student Room Group

Need help advertising and promoting myself as a Photographer

Hi,

I am a second-year photography student and trying to get more photography jobs over the summer. There is a number of media platforms which I can advertise my service on but I am not the best at wording myself... I need a little help with writing about me and what I do in order to attract clients. Please help :smile:
Original post by MissSalPotts
Hi,

I am a second-year photography student and trying to get more photography jobs over the summer. There is a number of media platforms which I can advertise my service on but I am not the best at wording myself... I need a little help with writing about me and what I do in order to attract clients. Please help :smile:

Amateur photography coupled with Instagram/generic social media page = saturated market.

What sort of portfolio do you have? What type of work do you do? Who are you targeting? What's your USP? What can you do that I can't with my Nikon D3200 or 16mp smart phone? What makes you better than your competitors (don't say price)? What's the ultimate aim here? Where do you plan on writing a bit about yourself? Why? Is this the most proactive way of achieving business (waiting onopportunity knocking)? How could you be more proactive bearing your target market in mind? What opportunities will you exploit?
And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

P.s. I'm genuinely willing to help!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending