The Student Room Group

How much do you spend on food a week?

Hi there,

How much do you guys spend on food a week? I wonder because I'm trying to figure out how much I should be spending on food a week (as a soon-to-be uni student). I was thinking that £20-30 is appropriate(?)

£30 per week equals roughly £4.30 a day, which means you have about £1.40 per meal. But meals like breakfast dont cost too much if you are just having cereal and lunch can be cheap if you make your own. Dinner really depends on what you are eating - dishes like pasta are very cheap and filling, dishes with meat are more expensive and can't be reheated multiple times. I think I could survive on £20-£30 good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by ChanceTheRapper
£30 per week equals roughly £4.30 a day, which means you have about £1.40 per meal. But meals like breakfast dont cost too much if you are just having cereal and lunch can be cheap if you make your own. Dinner really depends on what you are eating - dishes like pasta are very cheap and filling, dishes with meat are more expensive and can't be reheated multiple times. I think I could survive on £20-£30 good luck!

Hey thank you! I'll be sure to keep that in mind c:
I spend around £20-25 a week on food shopping. If it goes up to £30 it's because I'm buying junk and an unnecessary amount of food and snacks.
I also spend around £20-25 on average :smile:
Original post by AshEntropy
Hi there,

How much do you guys spend on food a week? I wonder because I'm trying to figure out how much I should be spending on food a week (as a soon-to-be uni student). I was thinking that £20-30 is appropriate(?)

In uni spent like 25-30 a week on food (I am 6 foot 85kg male if that info makes any difference)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending