The Student Room Group

Study Modern Languages with Brexit?

I intended on studying German A Level and have just sat my GCSEs. I really enjoy German and is one of my best subjects. However, with Britain leaving the EU should I still study it and how will it be affected, if at all? I presume many people are already studying modern languages and are worried.
Original post by AGareth10
I intended on studying German A Level and have just sat my GCSEs. I really enjoy German and is one of my best subjects. However, with Britain leaving the EU should I still study it and how will it be affected, if at all? I presume many people are already studying modern languages and are worried.

I'm going to study Spanish and German at university in September and I'm worried as well :frown: Not only for my year abroad but also for graduate jobs once I graduate.

I think you should definitely still study it for A-level, though - regardless of whether we're in the EU, knowing a second language is always impressive to universities and I found my A-level to be really enjoyable.
Reply 2
Original post by nelizabeth_
I'm going to study Spanish and German at university in September and I'm worried as well :frown: Not only for my year abroad but also for graduate jobs once I graduate.

I think you should definitely still study it for A-level, though - regardless of whether we're in the EU, knowing a second language is always impressive to universities and I found my A-level to be really enjoyable.

Thanks! Yeah I think it still is a good idea, we will have go see what is done for trading deals in the UK. It will also be good to show a willingness for challenges and learning by learning a language for A level.

Quick Reply

Latest