The Student Room Group

2016 Commonwealth Scholarship for Developed Countries

I know there is already a thread for Commonwealth Scholarship applicants from developing countries. This is specifically for the scholarship scheme for Developed countries. The references and all supporting documents were due yesterday.

Anybody else here applied for it as well? The scheme opened up fairly late this year (in May) with a deadline of end of June, as opposed to previous years when the deadline was in March. Anyone know when we can expect to hear the results? Also, is there an interview for this scholarship? There was no information on all the CSC documents online. But anybody have any insight?

Thanks!
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied but don't have the answers you're after. I suspect we will find out soon, given how late it is.
Reply 2
Original post by rexpidly
I applied but don't have the answers you're after. I suspect we will find out soon, given how late it is.

Hello! Nice to see someone else who has applied. Which country are you from?
Reply 3
Original post by paperdoorway
Hello! Nice to see someone else who has applied. Which country are you from?

Australia. You too?
Reply 4
Australia. You too?

Canada! Good luck to us! I hope they tell us soon because it's quite late now, and I'd like to see if I have any hope by end of July. I guess just have to wait patiently and see...
Reply 5
Canada! Good luck to us! I hope they tell us soon because it's quite late now, and I'd like to see if I have any hope by end of July. I guess just have to wait patiently and see...

Yes, good luck! Let's hope for an answer come July.
Reply 6
Hi,
I have also applied for this scholarship from Canada. My application is in nominating agency 1 stage, what about you?
Hope we hear about the results soon.
Good luck!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Denizghfr
Hi,
I have also applied for this scholarship from Canada. My application is in nominating agency 1 stage, what about you?
Hope we hear about the results soon.
Good luck!

Hello, fellow Canadian! My application is also at Nominating Agency 1. Which stage was it at before? I don't remember.

Which university and program have you applied for/are accepted to? I hope to go to Cambridge for the PhD in Education. What about you?
Reply 8
Hi,

I am accepted into Clinical Neuroscience PhD program at Cambridge for October 2016 intake. Have you applied?
Reply 9
Hi,

I am accepted into Clinical Neuroscience PhD program at Cambridge for October 2016 intake. Have you applied?

Yes, I was accepted back in January. I already have full funding from another funding body, but if I get Commonwealth I will decline the other one.
Wow! good for you. I haven't secured a scholarship yet, hope I get this one. See you soon in Cambrigde:smile:
Wow! good for you. I haven't secured a scholarship yet, hope I get this one. See you soon in Cambrigde:smile:

Good luck! Hope we hear some news soon. :smile:
Which funding body if you don't mind me asking? It's great that you already have a solid funding option if the CS doesn't work out.
Which funding body if you don't mind me asking? It's great that you already have a solid funding option if the CS doesn't work out.

Thank you - it is a relief, though getting CS would be great. It's funding from an international NGO for Canadians from certain ethnic backgrounds.
Reply 14
What does Nominating Agency 1 actually mean?
By the way, does anyone know if there an interview is part of the process? And it seems in past years it took 2.5 months for the results to come out. I cant imagine it taking that long this year?
By the way, does anyone know if there an interview is part of the process? And it seems in past years it took 2.5 months for the results to come out. I cant imagine it taking that long this year?

There should not be an interview for this scholarship.

Look at the flow diagram on page 2 of this document to see who applications are processed:
http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/eas-guide-agencies-deadlines-quotas.pdf
There should not be an interview for this scholarship.

Look at the flow diagram on page 2 of this document to see who applications are processed:
http://cscuk.dfid.gov.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/eas-guide-agencies-deadlines-quotas.pdf

Thank you! I've been searching everywhere for something like this.*
I noticed my application is no longer on the online portal. Is it just me???
Hi,
Mine is also like yours. I think this means they rejected our application.

Quick Reply