The Student Room Group

Best game you've played since you started gaming?

Scroll to see replies

Halo 3. Custom games with mates were so good.
Ha! ill say a game none of you have heard of. Patapon. Not popular but by far my favourite, loved it when i was 11 when i first bought the first game. Still love it at 16 now :smile:
Loved super mario and goldeneye on the N64, one of the few games I could go back and play anytime.
Original post by Wilfred Little
Metal Gear Solid 3. Closely followed by 2. Really difficult to choose between those. Just awesome.

I want to play Ocarina Of Time but dunno if it's worth buying an old N64 just for that. Any way to play on PC with my PS4 controller?

metal gear solid 3 was outstanding but 2 was nothing close to 3 in my opinion - metal gear solid 2's tanker mission was pretty good - I wish it could have stayed like that, not just via playing as snake but also the kind of structure of the level being similar to the first game - the big shell was just so bland - painfully bland. the story with raiden was quite good, but yeah, I really didn't like the map and the fact that a lot of things were dreadfully explained - I mean, before 4, I had *no clue* who "the patriots" *really* were or what they were meant to be doing. also, the boss battles in 2 were pretty weak too. 3's boss battles were kickass. but yeah - 2 was definitely the worst of the quadrilogy
Probably Skyrim followed by some of the Rare classics like Banjo Kazooie etc
Original post by sleepysnooze
metal gear solid 3 was outstanding but 2 was nothing close to 3 in my opinion - metal gear solid 2's tanker mission was pretty good - I wish it could have stayed like that, not just via playing as snake but also the kind of structure of the level being similar to the first game - the big shell was just so bland - painfully bland. the story with raiden was quite good, but yeah, I really didn't like the map and the fact that a lot of things were dreadfully explained - I mean, before 4, I had *no clue* who "the patriots" *really* were or what they were meant to be doing. also, the boss battles in 2 were pretty weak too. 3's boss battles were kickass. but yeah - 2 was definitely the worst of the quadrilogy

I disagree with pretty much everything you said re: 2. Did you play the first one? The Patriots were referenced in that if I remember correctly, though it has been an age since I played MGS.

I've got 5 and just not got into it. The actual game play is fantastic but the story?
Original post by Wilfred Little
I disagree with pretty much everything you said re: 2. Did you play the first one? The Patriots were referenced in that if I remember correctly, though it has been an age since I played MGS.

the first one didn't actually talk about the patriots though, I'm pretty sure. at the end, ocelot says that there is a 3rd son - the president of the USA (by that point: george sears - solidus). but the people behind the US government are never referred to - the fact that somebody involved in cipher (solidus) is controlling the US (at that time) is suggested fully in 2, but in MGS1, cipher (or the patriots) isn't actually talked about. all it is foxfound's mavericks threatening to nuke the USA if they don't get big boss's body (I think?) and there's no wider context than that, right? also, I really can't stress it enough - the bosses in 2 were very underwhelming - remember the one where you're just endlessly destrorying metal gear rays? I hated that - if it was like in 4 where you're rex vs ray, that would have been awesome, but it's just raiden in an endurance marathon of destroying the rays in a very unrealistic manner imo. vamp was pretty bad and fortune was just annoying from my vague memory. I wish I could remember more...

I've got 5 and just not got into it. The actual game play is fantastic but the story?

the problem with 5 was that they bailed on the full story being in the game - I don't want to spoil anything so I'll filter it out below:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
It has to be dark souls for me. It was just amazing!
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 329
Original post by PugDevil
This is a bit of a nostalgia thread, but the question is simple. Since you have been gaming what is the best/most memorable game that you have played? If you have more than one then do mention more! Also, if you have a favourite developer (e.g. Naughty Dog) then include that too.

Personally, the most memorable game I remember playing is TimeSplitter: Future Perfect. Crazy that it came out in 2005 :redface: As for the best developer, it has to be Bethesda. They produce the best open world games in my opinion!

As for the best game I have played recently, it has to be Witcher 3. The amount of detail in that game is just :adore:

World of WarCraft...it started with me going for the generic character option: Human, Mage.....but i have moved on, and formed a endless emotional attachment to my Blood Elf, Hunter :smile:))
Original post by HKAY78612
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 😅

Definetely the best GTA game I have ever played. Liked to use a jet and a jetpack to discover the different Areas in San Andreas.
Dungeon Master was awesome, I played that game forever.
league of legends! addictive and really fun, I could play it all day (hence why I'm always procrastinating from A Level work :s-smilie:). I'm a lot better this year though, school comes first
Brave- the search for spirit dancer.
halo 3 I had spent countless hours playing that game :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest