The Student Room Group

Can I still do Triple Science?

Well basically I'm currently Year 10 going into Year 11 in September but I'm in top set and I've always been in top set for everything since Year 7. We've been told that my class can only do additional so I believe thats B1,C1,P1,B2,C2,P2. We were told really early in the year that we could do early entry this year. We did mocks and a coursework for core but apparently we did really bad and they didn't want to enter us. So basically now I'm doing core in Year 11. So now the teachers aren't allowing anyone in my Year to even do triple. Is there any possible way that I could do Triple still because I really want to do it. Even if it's like not in school or whatever. Also is it too late to start doing triple?
Original post by Knxwledge
Well basically I'm currently Year 10 going into Year 11 in September but I'm in top set and I've always been in top set for everything since Year 7. We've been told that my class can only do additional so I believe thats B1,C1,P1,B2,C2,P2. We were told really early in the year that we could do early entry this year. We did mocks and a coursework for core but apparently we did really bad and they didn't want to enter us. So basically now I'm doing core in Year 11. So now the teachers aren't allowing anyone in my Year to even do triple. Is there any possible way that I could do Triple still because I really want to do it. Even if it's like not in school or whatever. Also is it too late to start doing triple?

You can still sit it as a private student at either your school or another exam centre but you'll have to pay for your exam and study the content yourself (could get a tutor now and then to help with material you are stuck on). Or alternatively check out your local college to see if they run night classes or see if it is possible to study the material online instead.
The triple students in my school barely finished on time and they started in Year 10. They had to go to extra sessions in the weeks before the exam because there was too much of the coursework left to be covered. You could do what Pinkberry_y suggested but Ipersonally wouldn't recommend starting this late. Unless you 100% need separate sciences for your chosen uni course/career, it's not much point
Reply 3
Original post by greghayes
The triple students in my school barely finished on time and they started in Year 10. They had to go to extra sessions in the weeks before the exam because there was too much of the coursework left to be covered. You could do what Pinkberry_y suggested but Ipersonally wouldn't recommend starting this late. Unless you 100% need separate sciences for your chosen uni course/career, it's not much point

They changed their mind and decided they will run triple for my class after school starting September.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending