The Student Room Group

Sixthform help

Hi everyone i just need opinions and any help.

Okay so basically i had an interview for a sixthform i really wanted to go to. Im reconsidering it now. Their sixthform is really big and I dont really have any good friends atm and i just wanted to meet new people who are interested in the same things as me etc. BUT sadly their school isnt going to run a subject i need to do cause i want a career in it. So i want to be a graphic designer and they arent going to run graphic products cause their wasnt enougj interest. So thats school 1.

School 2 is my secondary schools sixthform and they dont do Art but they have this link with 2 other school where ill be able to go and do art there. At first i didnt want to go to my school sixthform because i dont feel like i fit well in that school in the first place i want new friends and te school is small.

So idk what sixthform to go to whats ur opinion who does graphics at alevel is it good etc???
Original post by ellamoon_22
Hi everyone i just need opinions and any help.

Okay so basically i had an interview for a sixthform i really wanted to go to. Im reconsidering it now. Their sixthform is really big and I dont really have any good friends atm and i just wanted to meet new people who are interested in the same things as me etc. BUT sadly their school isnt going to run a subject i need to do cause i want a career in it. So i want to be a graphic designer and they arent going to run graphic products cause their wasnt enougj interest. So thats school 1.

School 2 is my secondary schools sixthform and they dont do Art but they have this link with 2 other school where ill be able to go and do art there. At first i didnt want to go to my school sixthform because i dont feel like i fit well in that school in the first place i want new friends and te school is small.

So idk what sixthform to go to whats ur opinion who does graphics at alevel is it good etc???
I'd go for the second one as at least going there would allow you to do what you want in the future, I wouldn't go to a sixth form which wouldn't allow me to pursue my career in the future, just to make some friends, chances are that the friends you make at the first sixth form won't even see you after your 2 years there. But hey, that's just me :smile:
Reply 2
What matters more - friendships or career prospects ???

Also consider that other ' new ' students will join your sixth form so I suggest trying to make friends with these people :biggrin:. Two years wil no real friends isn't really much and who needs friends when you'll be revising 24/7 and have TSR :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by hamza772000
I'd go for the second one as at least going there would allow you to do what you want in the future, I wouldn't go to a sixth form which wouldn't allow me to pursue my career in the future, just to make some friends, chances are that the friends you make at the first sixth form won't even see you after your 2 years there. But hey, that's just me :smile:

Thanks for replying yhh I think i should just stay in my own sixthform now. Its for the best and at least the teachers kno me etc
(edited 7 years ago)
Thanks for replying yhh I think i should just stay in my own sixthform now. Its for the best and at least the teachers no me etc
Yep, exactly :biggrin: People will come and go, your career is much more important.....(at least in this case) :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by fefssdf
What matters more - friendships or career prospects ???

Also consider that other ' new ' students will join your sixth form so I suggest trying to make friends with these people :biggrin:. Two years wil no real friends isn't really much and who needs friends when you'll be revising 24/7 and have TSR :biggrin:

Yhh i guess what I need to do is just focus on my career path/alevels for these next two years and have fun in uni. It really sucks not being able to be social etc at this age but yhh ur right there will b new people so thts good:biggrin:
Reply 6
Yhh i guess what I need to do is just focus on my career path/alevels for these next two years and have fun in uni. It really sucks not being able to be social etc at this age but yhh ur right there will b new people so thts good:biggrin:

Having finished sixth form I can say that my social life was rather non existent but I think it's good to just focus on doing your work ect as these years are so damn important in the grand scheme of things and at uni it's easier to make friends given the vast array of people so I wouldn't worry ; you're not going to be the only one whose rather unsociable during sixth form but as long as you have at least one person to get along with them it should be fine. Friendships I found changed a lot during sixth form as I for instance ended up becoming friends with someone I handed spoken to for around 2 years so idk things might just work out similarly for yourself :biggrin: don't worry too much

Quick Reply

Latest