The Student Room Group

Starting at a new sixthform

I was attending a private secondary school on a bursary but decided to move to the school near me for sixthform due to many factors (stress, travel time, money etc..) but I'm incredibly worried about making friends and getting on with the people there since I know nearly all of the people there already know eachother from the secondary and not many people join the school in sixthform so I don't think I'll be given much chance to get to know anyone; especially since the school days at this school are considerably shorter and have less breaks so I really get no time to get to know people.

I'm also lowkey worried about university since the teachers have to give a reference for me but have no idea about anything to do with me.

Do you guys have any advice for making new friends in lower sixth when you don't really fit in? I know it doesn't matter too much because it's only two years but I want to survive and get through them without being completely isolated lol.
Original post by kandeman
I was attending a private secondary school on a bursary but decided to move to the school near me for sixthform due to many factors (stress, travel time, money etc..) but I'm incredibly worried about making friends and getting on with the people there since I know nearly all of the people there already know eachother from the secondary and not many people join the school in sixthform so I don't think I'll be given much chance to get to know anyone; especially since the school days at this school are considerably shorter and have less breaks so I really get no time to get to know people.

I'm also lowkey worried about university since the teachers have to give a reference for me but have no idea about anything to do with me.

Do you guys have any advice for making new friends in lower sixth when you don't really fit in? I know it doesn't matter too much because it's only two years but I want to survive and get through them without being completely isolated lol.

You could try to make friends with other people who didn’t go to the secondary school. At my sixth form all those people ended up in a friend group together lol
Reply 2
Original post by kandeman

teacher's references for ucas is mostly your predicted grades and a few nice words. the impression is not that relevant
Reply 3
Original post by HoldThisL
teacher's references for ucas is mostly your predicted grades and a few nice words. the impression is not that relevant

That's really helpful to know thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending