The Student Room Group

2017 Investment Banking Graduate scheme

Scroll to see replies

Are Barclays even hiring any IBD graduates in London? I can only find European locations...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 221
Hi guys, new to tsr, i've just done a summer internship but failed to convert to full time and now i have to start all over again :frown:

From what i've been hearing it seems applying for summer internships again is the best way in for a full time place? but in that case who applies for grad schemes directly then if even incoming final year guys (like myself) are competing for these summer internships again?

If any of you guys are in the same situation as me how are you balancing between full time grad and summer internship application?
Original post by wh18
Hi guys, new to tsr, i've just done a summer internship but failed to convert to full time and now i have to start all over again :frown:

From what i've been hearing it seems applying for summer internships again is the best way in for a full time place? but in that case who applies for grad schemes directly then if even incoming final year guys (like myself) are competing for these summer internships again?

If any of you guys are in the same situation as me how are you balancing between full time grad and summer internship application?

Not all banks let you apply for summer if u are a final year. Just apply for summer if its possible otherwise go for grad.
Assuming for Deutsche Bank after you've passed the online test that it goes through yet another round of screening?

Also, for RBC, does anyone know how long you have to do the tests? Does the Verbal come through first, followed by Numerical?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Commercial Paper
Assuming for Deutsche Bank after you've passed the online test that it goes through yet another round of screening?

Also, for RBC, does anyone know how long you have to do the tests? Does the Verbal come through first, followed by Numerical?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What I make of the email Deutsche sent me is yes, the whole application gets screened again. Has anyone heard from Deutsche after taking the test?

Posted from TSR Mobile

For RBC you have 5 days to do the test. Verbal first, followed by numerical as you said.
Reply 226
Hey has the graduate apps for baml opened? Thanks
Reply 227
Are Barclays even hiring any IBD graduates in London? I can only find European locations...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same question here, cannot find anything..
Hi guys, I'm a recent grad from nottingham university and starting my masters at UCL later this month.
On my resume/cv besides the course/name of my uni (UCL), what else can I put down?!
Due to the early application opening I will be submitting my form before i start at UCL, so im lost on what i can put down, please help.
Reply 229
Hi guys,

does anyone know when BAML is opening its graduate positions?

I am pretty sure to have seen on their website the position (not open) but i cannot find it right know.

Does anyone have any clue in this?

Thanks!
Original post by pipp10
Hi guys,

does anyone know when BAML is opening its graduate positions?

I am pretty sure to have seen on their website the position (not open) but i cannot find it right know.

Does anyone have any clue in this?

Thanks!

Not open yet mate, positions are there but when you click on it it says opening soon
Barclays JUST opened right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cooldudeman
Barclays JUST opened right?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Today bro :smile:... Well technically yesterday but yeah.
Original post by alexjones1994
Today bro :smile:... Well technically yesterday but yeah.

Thanks Jesus.

Any advice on the online tests? Im applying for technology.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks Jesus.

Any advice on the online tests? Im applying for technology.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't personally sat them yet but multiple people have said its just a Situational Judgement test with a few really simple numerical questions chucked in there. Also thats its reallly long :P. GL!
Original post by alexjones1994
I haven't personally sat them yet but multiple people have said its just a Situational Judgement test with a few really simple numerical questions chucked in there. Also thats its reallly long :P. GL!

Thanks, is there a web section for the values of barclays that they look for in the answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks, is there a web section for the values of barclays that they look for in the answers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Try this.
http://joinus.barclays.com/emea/application-and-selection/

Halfway down.. 'What we are looking for?' :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ay42
Same question here, cannot find anything..

no, highly doubt it
anybody got any insight on the barclays "Business insight assessment"?
Reply 239
Original post by gr8wizard10
no, highly doubt it

What makes you doubt that they will hire grads?

Quick Reply

Latest